FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A way to easily list the active Library files in Windows ?

<<

zaweeshy

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 am

A way to easily list the active Library files in Windows ?

Love this program. I have used it for about 5 years now. But now my libraries are keeping track of several 1000's of files, across 3 computers, in way too many folders. I wanted to know if there is a way to easily view the entire list using a Windows machine.

I realize just going through directories and doing it the hard/long way would be an option, but in my case, I've added so many folders it would be easier to just look it up in a txt file or something easier. I kind of guessed that Serviio has these stored somewhere easily accessible.

Last year I upgraded my servers from .4 to 1.3 which was the most stable version for my setup. It took me a couple weeks to re-add the folders and finish scanning, but it's working great. I have added several 1000 more files since then..and it's holding strong. I use Windows 7 for all my server machines.

I tried searching the forums and a bit of googling. Also read the FAQ but found no info on it yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: A way to easily list the active Library files in Windows

The information is in the database of course, but the way Serviio uses the Derby database means that it can only be accessed by one process at a time. That means you cannot open the database (I've used Squirrel SQL) as long as Serviio is running. Close the Serviio service, and you can open the database and view the entire listing. Make sure you don't change anything! :P Then export the table into Excel and you can manipulate it to your heart's content. :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zaweeshy

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:31 am

Which file is the database ?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:32 pm

zaweeshy wrote:Which file is the database ?

Using the Squirrel SQL client (and likely others), you don't point it at the file, but the folder. The client knows how to open the DB.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

dominotes

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Thank you DLNA master for your help : I have access to my serviio database (squirrel)
The folder is the clue ( I tried many .dat file names before !)
<<

jg.a

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 am

Sorry for reviving this old thread. But I have the same problem/need. Could anyone explain how to do this as I can't figure it out myself :/

(had my drives crash and I need the Library files list to figure out what files got lost)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:12 pm

jg.a wrote:Sorry for reviving this old thread. But I have the same problem/need. Could anyone explain how to do this as I can't figure it out myself :/

(had my drives crash and I need the Library files list to figure out what files got lost)

Use the Squirrel SQL client, configure the connection as Derby, and point it to the Serviio database folder (C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\db on my Windows 10 computer)
Dan

<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 pm

I use the program Baretail to tail the serviio log and when something is playing it says in the log as it plays:

2020-08-10 06:08:40,550 INFO [PlaybackEventsManager] Playback of media item 5235 (What Makes Bobby Run? [KOTH.s05e07.mp4]) has started at 0% on Identifier=192.168.0.125, Profile=Generic DLNA profile, Name=BubbleUPnP Google Cast DLNA renderer

2020-08-10 06:31:15,573 INFO [PlaybackEventsManager] Playback of media item 5235 (What Makes Bobby Run? [KOTH.s05e07.mp4]) has stopped at 100% on Identifier=192.168.0.125, Profile=Generic DLNA profile, Name=BubbleUPnP Google Cast DLNA renderer

https://baremetalsoft.com/baretail/
<<

jg.a

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:01 pm

atc98092 wrote:
jg.a wrote:Sorry for reviving this old thread. But I have the same problem/need. Could anyone explain how to do this as I can't figure it out myself :/

Use the Squirrel SQL client, configure the connection as Derby, and point it to the Serviio database folder (C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\db on my Windows 10 computer)

Yeah... The Squirrel SQL client is not the most database newb friendly. If you could be a bit (a lot) more specific to the instructions on how? That would be nice.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:34 pm

jg.a wrote:
atc98092 wrote:

Yeah... The Squirrel SQL client is not the most database newb friendly. If you could be a bit (a lot) more specific to the instructions on how? That would be nice.

Yeah, it's not real user friendly. But it's been years since I've tried it (as the age of this thread shows) and I would have to figure it out from scratch. If someone with a better memory than myself can help, that would be great. If no one chimes in I'll see if I can find some time to experiment.
Dan

<<

jg.a

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

atc98092 wrote:
Yeah, it's not real user friendly. But it's been years since I've tried it (as the age of this thread shows) and I would have to figure it out from scratch. If someone with a better memory than myself can help, that would be great. If no one chimes in I'll see if I can find some time to experiment.

Thanks for the reply. I've figured it out myself!

There was first problems with the driver for Derby (I though it came with Squirrel SQL) that had to be set correctly up (actually reading the error logs helps a lot).
Then I had problems with row limits of only 100.
THEN I had problems with exporting as the memory limit couldn't handle the size of my media library (still exporting parts by parts)

Return to Serviio Support & Help