FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mediabrowser 1.9.1 with Safari on IOS

<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Mediabrowser 1.9.1 with Safari on IOS

Have been eagerly awaiting 1.9.1 with the fix for audio playback on IOS. I installed it this morning and have been playing with it on 2 different iPads. One is an older (iPad 3) running IOS 9.3.5 and an iPad Air running 11.3.5.
Music playback does work but there seems to be some inconsistent issues with controls for both audio and video playback.
For example with audio playback on 9.3.5 the controls for pause, play and the progress bar are sometime visible but not always, trying to dismiss the Playlist by pressing the X in the top right corner causes the track to start over again. Cannot pause the music at all. The pause button doesn't do anything. Even pressing the back arrow on the browser does not take me away from the Playlist page. The only way I can stop the playlist is to load another web page on top of it.
The 11.3.5 system has similar problems.
Video playback also has issues with the controls and trying to dismiss the Playlist Page.

Things seem to work fine on a Windows system running Edge

Mike
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Mediabrowser 1.9.1 with Safari on IOS

Just tried downloading the Firefox browser on to the iPad Air running 11.3.5 and the audio controls seem to work OK. It does however always start playing the playlist with the audio muted.

The video playback is still problematic. Once I start a video I cannot dismiss the Playlist window without loading something different on top of it.

Using Firefox on the older iPad is not an option since it needs IOS 10.3 or later
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:57 pm

<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:16 pm

When using controls pause. play etc on both of those links things work OK with the exception of pressing the mute button. The mute button has no effect on the older iPad. The X appears but the audio is still on.

On the newer iPad the mute button works as expected
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi Zip
Any idea how these issues will be resolved?
Thanks
Mike
<<

zip

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 am

are you playing mostly mp4 audio files, or transcoded ones? It there a difference with the playback controls?
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 pm

The audio files are a mix of MP4, m4a and MP3 no transcoding.

I created a test playlist with one of each kind of file. Queued it up and selected Play All.

On the older iPad with Safari - The Playlist window opens up and everything looks fine with a large Play button in the centre of the screen. Press play and the first track starts playing. I can dismiss the Playlist and go back to the queue but only if I have not started playing audio. Once music starts that's when controls stop being consistent. If I just let the playlist go from one track to the next everything seems fine but if for example I hit pause then the pause/play button disappears. It's still there since I can press where it should be and play will resume but the progress bar stops working and the AirPlay control appeared. Never seems to be the exact same behavior from test to test.

The one consistent behaviour is that once you start the playlist you can't dismiss the window or jump from one track to another in the playlist. Even when all tracks have played I can't dismiss the window and go back to the queue.

This latter behaviour is the same for video playlists

Mike
<<

zip

Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 am

can you reproducte this behaviour on a desktop? eg in Chrome?
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 pm

I don't have Chrome installed on desktops. I tried it on a Windows PC running Windows 10 with both IE11 and Edge browsers. Also tried it on a MacBook Pro with Safari. Here are the results:

1. MacBook with Safari. Everything seems to work as I would expect.

2. Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. Video works as expected. Only anomaly on audio was that when I hit Play All for items in the queue the Playlist Window opens and the first track starts to play immediately. All Controls appear and work. I can switch between tracks by selecting them in the queue and can close the playlist window.

3. Windows 10 with IE 11. You probably don't want to know but I'll tell you anyway -:)
Press Play All and the Playlist Window opens and I see the tracks in the queue with the first track highlighted however there are no Controls showing in the left window. If I click on the blank screen the first track starts playing and the controls appear. If I try to switch to another track in the queue it does become highlighted but the first track continues to play. When the first track finishes it just stops and the next track in the playlist is not highlighted. If I click on the second track and the on the blank window (again no controls) music starts but it is the first track again and the controls stay off. This behaviour repeats for subsequent tracks. I only ever hear the first track over and over. The good news is I can dismiss the Playlist Window without having to load a new page. Didn't even try video.

I don't care about IE11 its the IOS I want to have working.

Regards
Mike

Return to Serviio Support & Help