FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rescan video files?

<<

thoatswold

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Rescan video files?

Since I upgraded to the latest version (1.10) my video database seems to have got into a muddle – recently watched files are not appearing in 'Last Viewed', 'Last Added' contains loads of files that were added years ago, and some files and series disappear completely for no apparent reason, even though they still exist on the file system, and then (if I'm lucky) reappear at a random later time.

Is there any way to discard the database and force Serviio to rescan all the video files from scratch? I know I could uninstall the program and then reinstall it, but I'm not sure if that would have the desired effect. Clicking the 'Force refresh' button doesn't seem to do anything: a tick appears briefly in the button, but there are no popups showing files being scanned as there are when new files are added.

Pictures and music files are fine, the problem is only with videos.

My system is Windows 10 Home (1804) 64-bit.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Re: Rescan video files?

There is a button on the metadata tab to Mark videos for rescan. So click that, and then click Force refresh.
<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:51 pm

What if the Rescan and Force refresh don't seem to do the trick?
Is there a way to check this progress? , I have like 30k files in the db. Some files in directors are not scanned or updated ....
TVS-871 using Serviio/Mediabrowser (1.5Rev1) on IPad, Iphone, Android Phone , Samsung TV's , OTT MXQ M10 TV Box, PS4 and Xbox.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:07 pm

you should see the files being updated in the log file

Return to Serviio Support & Help