FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not detected by 8Player

<<

aceking

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Serviio not detected by 8Player

I've had Serviio for about 6 years and it has been working fine on all devices until recently. I have Serviio 1.10.1 running on a Windows 10 laptop. My two Samsung TVs detect the server and play the media fine. But the 8Player on my iPhone doesn't detect the server. The 8Player sometimes detects the server few minutes after I open the player or after I play with the Status settings in the Serviio Console, but if I do a refresh on the 8Player, the server is not found again. Once the server is found, though, the 8Player plays everything fine. I've restarted my computer, reset my iPhone, updated 8Player, and even reinstalled Serviio, but nothing is helping. My Serviio laptop, TVs, and iPhone are all on the same wireless network. What could possibly be the issue? Can you please give me some suggestions? Thank you.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:45 am

Re: Serviio not detected by 8Player

I have 8Player Lite on my phone, so I opened it up to try. I see the same thing, none of my DLNA servers (I have several on my network) appear in the list. My guess is 8Player is having a problem with DLNA functionality, so I would contact them. I doubt it's Serviio, because I can't see anything on my network, not just Serviio.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

aceking

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: Serviio not detected by 8Player

Thanks ATC for the suggestion. Just to give readers an update this is what I did after posting my question. I installed another DLNA client on my iPhone, and it had the same issue. So I uninstalled Serviio and installed Universal Media Server on my computer and this resolved the issue. Everything is working fine now.

Return to Serviio Support & Help