FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio server doesn't work sometimes

<<

lordjack

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Serviio server doesn't work sometimes

Hi everyone,

I installed Serviio v 1.9.2 on one of my old computers running Windows 10 pro 64 bit.
It works great.... most times :roll:
Its service has been set to be run on sturtup of OS and in services tab of windows it seems to be running, but sometimes it doesn't work and my TV (or any other media) can't read the files on it. So from the web gui, I stop the server and run it again and it start working eventually. What is the problem and how I can fix it for good?
Thank you.

Happy Holidays.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:30 am

Re: Serviio server doesn't work sometimes

First, I suggest installing the latest version. 1.9.2 was released in May, while 1.10.1 was released a couple of weeks ago. Mine is running on Win 10 Pro without issue, so there's nothing specific about Windows stopping it. Try the latest version first, then let us know if you're still having a problem.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

lordjack

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:29 am

atc98092 wrote:First, I suggest installing the latest version. 1.9.2 was released in May, while 1.10.1 was released a couple of weeks ago. Mine is running on Win 10 Pro without issue, so there's nothing specific about Windows stopping it. Try the latest version first, then let us know if you're still having a problem.

Ok, I will.

Can it be updated without losing my setup and files?
Is there anything I need to know before updating Serviio?
Thank you
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 pm

lordjack wrote:
atc98092 wrote:First, I suggest installing the latest version. 1.9.2 was released in May, while 1.10.1 was released a couple of weeks ago. Mine is running on Win 10 Pro without issue, so there's nothing specific about Windows stopping it. Try the latest version first, then let us know if you're still having a problem.

Ok, I will.

Thank you

Yes, running the Windows install with an existing installation does not alter any console configuration. It does overwrite the profiles file, so if you have made any modifications those are lost. However, if you need to use a customized profile you can create a user profiles file (user-profiles.xml), which is not overwritten during an update.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

lordjack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:25 pm

atc98092 wrote:
lordjack wrote:

Ok, I will.

Thank you

Yes, running the Windows install with an existing installation does not alter any console configuration. It does overwrite the profiles file, so if you have made any modifications those are lost. However, if you need to use a customized profile you can create a user profiles file (user-profiles.xml), which is not overwritten during an update.

Thanks,

Anyway, I might have found the ultimate solution without any other struggles:

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=net_reboot
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Ah yes. Multiple network cards can accidentally cause a problem if Serviio binds to the wrong one. Hope that fixes it for you. :)
Dan

<<

lordjack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:56 pm

atc98092 wrote:Ah yes. Multiple network cards can accidentally cause a problem if Serviio binds to the wrong one. Hope that fixes it for you. :)

I hope that too. Thanks

Return to Serviio Support & Help