FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio library problem on Xbox One Media Player

<<

Habanero

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 pm

Serviio library problem on Xbox One Media Player

I am running Serviio on my Synology NAS, and have had so many problems. I have been able to successfully manage them, but this one has me stumped.

When I try to connect to Serviio from my Xbox One Media Player, it displays Serviio as an option, however, when I select it, I just get a revolving arrow that looks like its trying to load the library, however, it will never complete. I have about 900 movies on my Synology, but at some point, it should give me some kind of progress, or complete and then show me my movies.

I am running a Netgear Nighthawk router, with the Xbox One setup with a non-changing IP address. I am also running my entire internet connection though Pi-Hole on a Raspberry 3 but I have set the Xbox One and the Synology NAS to whitelist.

What else can I do to troubleshoot the problem?

Serviio is successfully working on a Roku Wireless, Roku Ultra wired, and Amazon Fire TV wireless and WDTV Live HUB in my home, its just not loading the library for my Xbox One.

The Serviio Status for the Xbox One has the correct IP Address, has the Green button on it, and has the Xbox One rendering option.

Everything looks correct, but I am out of troubleshooting options for my Xbox One to load the library.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Re: Serviio library problem on Xbox One Media Player

Please attach your Serviio log here, so we can see if it's showing any error messages. You will find it on your NAS in the Serviio install location under the /logs folder.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help