FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Automatic update issues - log file anomaly ?

<<

STORMTIGERS

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:19 am

Automatic update issues - log file anomaly ?

Hi Guys
Trying to narrow down why automatic update is not working properly as It seems to take forever for the refresh to occur when new files are copied to the server.

In my log there is line after line of errors during the update where Serviio cannot find a .TIP file ! (see below cut and paste) .

2019-02-21 09:53:46,379 WARN [SearchIndexCommitter] Could not commit search index: C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\search\_3pl_Lucene41_0.tip (The system cannot find the file specified)
2019-02-21 09:54:16,395 WARN [SearchIndexCommitter] Could not commit search index: C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\search\_3pl_Lucene41_0.tip (The system cannot find the file specified)
2019-02-21 09:54:46,410 WARN [SearchIndexCommitter] Could not commit search index: C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\search\_3pl_Lucene41_0.tip (The system cannot find the file specified)
yada yada yada.....

This goes on for some time before it finally does some files then errors saying it can't find the mext pne followed by some java codes.
On searching the appropriate director the file C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\search\_3pl_Lucene41_0.TIM exists but no TIP file.

My library is on an external drive box connected via USB 3 rather than ethernet and I am running a no-sleep batch file to write a little text file to the external drives to keep them awake
But it would appear that somewhere along the line a naming convention has changed possibly and I may have a remnant from a previous version ?

Has anyone else encountered this as a problem ? I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Will keep you apprised when it finishes indexing 14,600 video files (lo I know I know I am hooked on old TV shows)

Cheers
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Automatic update issues - log file anomaly ?

reinstall should fix it
<<

STORMTIGERS

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:32 am

zip wrote:reinstall should fix it

It appears to have done the trick no further messages.

Couple quick followup questions (or hope they are quick).

UPDATE HOW OFTEN SET WHERE
Where is the paramater set for updating ? The database doesn't seem to update that often when we add new video files (compared to twonky).
We have auto update ticked but sometimes I have to go and force refresh using the button from console.
That's a bit of a nuisance when I am away overseas and my wife adds files but I can't see them through media browser.

LOGFILE
I am still enountering a few errors processing files and wonder whether it is stopping the update process because of them ?

MEDIA BROWSER
When overseas I have a lag on audio of a second or so. Can't seem to find any information on properties to make an adjustment or whether something is not set as I am using these out of the box.

Please be aware I am not java conversant as such BUT can edit a file and change a parameter if one needs to be done.

Thanks in advance
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:30 pm

STORMTIGERS wrote:

Where is the paramater set for updating ? The database doesn't seem to update that often when we add new video files (compared to twonky).
We have auto update ticked but sometimes I have to go and force refresh using the button from console.
That's a bit of a nuisance when I am away overseas and my wife adds files but I can't see them through media browser.

By default Serviio monitors the library locations for updates using the operating system's function to detect any changes. As you've noticed, it doesn't always work correctly. If you edit your Library share in the console (on the Shared Folders page), you will see a check box for using the Poller function. This way Serviio will check the folder itself. I don't know what the poller timeframe is, but it's usually often enough to find new files fairly quickly.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

STORMTIGERS

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:45 am

atc98092 wrote:
STORMTIGERS wrote:

By default Serviio monitors the library locations for updates using the operating system's function to detect any changes. As you've noticed, it doesn't always work correctly. If you edit your Library share in the console (on the Shared Folders page), you will see a check box for using the Poller function. This way Serviio will check the folder itself. I don't know what the poller timeframe is, but it's usually often enough to find new files fairly quickly.

Cheers Dan have done that hopefully that may make updating a bit more frequent.

I discovered the remote console login and have that working so maybe IU can force updates if necessary.

Which only leaves question of audio sync from remote. Media Browser seems to be a second or so behind ? Any clues ?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:19 pm

STORMTIGERS wrote:
Which only leaves question of audio sync from remote. Media Browser seems to be a second or so behind ? Any clues ?

I have no idea on that one. Zip will have to chime in here for that issue.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help