FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Missing Icon in Windows Explorer

<<

roughnecks

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Missing Icon in Windows Explorer

Hello

Maybe this isn't Serviio's fault but I wouldn't know where else to ask...

As soon as I installed Serviio, its icon appeared under "Network Resources" in My PC (Windows 10). After some time, it disappeared and never came back, so I started looking around.
Opening "Devices" from Windows Settings I can see that Serviio is listed as not connected, even if it's running and working fine: https://i.imgur.com/DbpN3sf.jpg (pics are in Italian but it should be easy to understand). So I clicked on "Rimuovi" - Remove - and then went to My PC in Explorer and clicked on "Access Multimedia Content" button in toolbar; Serviio came up and was added to Explorer, as you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/68hnRhx.gifv

The problem is that after a random amount of time, that icon disappears from My PC and I really don't know where else to look, so if you have seen this before or have any clues, please do tell.

Thanks
<<

Meelis

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Re: Missing Icon in Windows Explorer

Maybe you have installed serviio in second device in network and that's why you see it time by time. Usually installed Serviio is not under network or devices.
<<

roughnecks

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:16 pm

What do you mean? This is my only PC and I'm streaming to my TV.
<<

Meelis

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:03 pm

My fault, i understood you incorrectly. Is this is the way how you access and manage files what you stream with serviio?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:05 pm

I've never paid any attention to that icon in Windows Explorer, so can't say if it disappears after a time. I just checked on this laptop (Windows 10) and it is there and I can browse it without a problem. But I also need to ask, do you actually access your media in this way, or are you just curious about it? Does Serviio always appear and work on your TV? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Windows doesn't always do a good job connecting to DLNA sources, and Windows Media Player won't actually show and play media from Serviio, although the server itself appears as a source.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

roughnecks

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:08 pm

I don't really need it, but it would be nice to have it. My TV has no problems seeing the server and streaming, so that's fine.

Return to Serviio Support & Help