FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KODI Unrecognized Device

<<

roughnecks

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

KODI Unrecognized Device

I see this in Console - Status: https://i.imgur.com/lsfWGj7.jpg

Why KODI isn't recognized and can I fix it by manual editing maybe? To be noted that Serviio and KODI are running on same PC, same IP.

Thanks
<<

roughnecks

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: KODI Unrecognized Device

Serviio doesn't even acknowledges that KODI isn't playing anything anymore and if I click on the "Playing on this device" button, it still shows a video running with the green progress bar.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 pm

First, the Unrecognized Device simply means that Serviio did not find a device profile that matches your player. That happens with many players, and does not indicate a problem with anything. My Shield shows the same, and I use both Kodi and MrMC.

Notice that it is simply using the generic profile, which is what Serviio uses for all unidentified devices. Again, depending on the player that's fine. My Shield can play everything, so it doesn't need a special profile. Depending on the hardware you are using for Kodi, it may not need anything transcoded either. The fact it shows a green indicator shows that whatever was playing did not need transcoding. The generic profile does no transcoding.

The console will show a video still playing, even if you stop playback, because DLNA has no reply message to tell the server it has stopped. I don't know exactly how long it will continue to show after playback stops, but I've seen it there for 10+ minutes, especially if the file is being transcoded. But again, it's nothing to be concerned about.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

roughnecks

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:39 am

Yeah, I know about profiles but why there's a red exclamation mark (Unknown) while my TV shows as active even with a generic profile?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:40 pm

roughnecks wrote:Yeah, I know about profiles but why there's a red exclamation mark (Unknown) while my TV shows as active even with a generic profile?

Not all players report themselves accurately via DLNA. My Roku players all show that, even though they play fine. It's just a quirk with DLNA functionality.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:20 am

I've never looked because if you only have one device playing at a time, idk if any of my devices showed proper info in the console. Most unrecognized, my Panasonic bluray was shown to be NDS 25763479 or some weird jibberish.

For my purposes, all I need is ip and profile select.

Return to Serviio Support & Help