FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video playback always stops.

<<

Altair17

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 am

Video playback always stops.

Hi,

I am using Serviio with windows 10 with my old netbook to provide DLNA server for my LG WebOS 3.5 TV. I used WMP for that before and there was no problems. I have switched to Serviio because of external subtittles.

Every time when I am playing some video from Serviio, after e.g. 30 - 40 minutes of playing the TV disconnects from the Serviio server and I dont know why. I need to light up the pc display and server starts again.

When I am using the WMP with same PC and TV configuration, everything works fine. Maybe there is the memory problem with Serviio and restart is always needed, or I dont know.

Thanks for any help. :)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: Video playback always stops.

It sounds like something in your computer is going into sleep mode. Have you checked your settings under the Power applet? Windows likely recognized WMP was streaming so kept everything awake. Windows might not do the same for Serviio. I believe there's also a app available in the Third Party Tools section of the forum that can keep Windows from sleeping while Serviio is running.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Altair17

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 am

Thanks for advise, but I think that is not the problem, because I have WMP turned on too while playing videos from Serviio. Strange thing is, that when Serviio disconnected, the WMP is going to disconnect too. After I light on the PC display, WMP and Serviio starts again and I can see them on TV.

I think that playing videos from Serviio blocks whole DLNA transfer from PC.
<<

Altair17

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:17 am

I Have installed Serviio with same configuration on my second, quicker PC, and there is no problem, so It is not the router/network issue. Something turns off playback on weaker pc after 20-40 minutes. The sleep mode and hibernation - all are turned off.

Thanks for any answer.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 am

Work your way through this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10289 and see if anything helps. Other than that, try turning on detailed logging and see what the log states is happening.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help