FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Presentation

<<

EdS1945

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Serviio Presentation

To say I'm confused is a understatement! Been trying various combinations and just cant get it right. Here is my setup: I have a folder where I place all my movies and/or series. Tehy are not within any folder but just the bare file name is saved.
I would Serviio to display 1- the upper Folder (Video) and within the file names of the various movies/series. My "Presentation" settings : Video=Display Contents only...Movies=Display contents only and Series= Display contents only. None of the four options at the bottom of the page are checked. Nevertheless I still get all sorts of Folders (that dont exist) e.g I have a file of s series episodes and Servio creates a Folder marked: Episode 6.
I know that what I wish for was possible before but alas I had to re-install my W10 and consequently install a fresh Serviio. Appreciate any help on this.
Regards
Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Re: Serviio Presentation

To keep TV episodes out of the Movies presentation, you must check the box labeled "Show Series in relevant categories only". Check that box and see how much that might clean up your information. If there are still issues after that, we can work on them.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

EdS1945

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks for the suggestion - it did not work for me. As mentioned above, I have in my "Video" folder several files (movies, series etc) and all I need my TV (Samsung) to display is the top folder (Video) and the contents i.e. the files. What it is doing is creating folders and sub-folders that are'nt there. Appreciate ny help. Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:34 pm

OK, I don't think you are following exactly what Presentation does. If I understand, you want a single list of all titles, without any subfolders. You won't be able to do that with movies and series intermixed, I don't believe. In Presentation under Video, you see a large number of different ways the media can be displayed. They are labeled Titles, Movies, Series, and so on. Each of these creates a new "folder" under Video, which allows selecting media differently. If all you want is a single list of titles, then the Movies category will list every movie without any further folders. Titles groups them alphabetically, and the other categories also group them in some manner. Now if the "Show series in relevant categories only" is unchecked, I believe your TV shows will also appear in the Movies list, but I'm not certain.

So, assuming you want a single, large list of movies to select from, disable all categories under except Movies and make sure the box mentioned above is unchecked. I believe that will put everything you have into a single list. If TV shows still don't appear, then you'll also have to enable the Series category to show them.

If I have misunderstood exactly how you want your media presented, please let me know and I'll try to assist further.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

EdS1945

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:39 am

Thank you for your suggestions and you are right about what I want. It is still not working....Here are my settings now: Video/Display contents only, Movies/Display contents only, Series/Display contents only.
MY Video folder contains: 3 files (no Folders or subFolders) One file is a movie (showing on TV as a single file - exactly as planned. Further I have two TV shows - also here files only. With the settings above, Serviio creates a Folder (Season) and a subFolder (Episode) then the file. The other file ( a daily late night TV show) does not show at all. Only when I turn Titles on, it shows but then it will be under Folders in alphabetical order.
I have to say that what I want should not be anything utopic, because before my PC crashed I had the settings exactly as I wanted, however I did not - or could not - save the settings for future refernce.
Furhermore let me say that I really appreciate your efforts and help and I am confident a solution will be found.
Thanks again
Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Well, I can think of two more possible ways to give what you want. If you use the Folders presentation, that should display everything within that folder, regardless if it's a movie or series. The final thing would be a playlist, since Serviio will list exactly what is contained in the playlist, regardless of file location or if it's a movie or series.
Dan

<<

EdS1945

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:31 pm

Further to the above, I think I found a solution after more trials. If I just select "Last Added" and "Display content only", it does exactly what I want - without any additional folder, subfolders.
Just wonder what is tge definition of "recently" - I guess I'll soon find out.
Thanks again
Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:24 pm

I don't believe there's any date or time frame for last added. By default it shows the last 10 additions, but that number can be changed in the console. I'm at work so can't say exactly where on the console that setting is, but I think it's at the bottom of the Presentation page.
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help