FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MP3 files stop playing before end of song

<<

JAM

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:37 am

MP3 files stop playing before end of song

Hi - I'm running Pro v 1.10.1 on a Windows 10 machine. I've had Serviio running for many years playing MP3s without a problem. When I upgraded to the new version, Serviio stopped seeing all of an MP3 file. For example it will show an MP3 as 00:22 seconds long while, if I look at the same file in Windows Media Player it shows as 3:12. Serviio plays the song until it reaches 00:22 then stops. WMP plays the whole 3:12 song. As I add albums, some files play fine some stop short of the end. They stop playing at the same place every time. All my old files (12,662) seem to work fine. It seems that only new files are not read by Serviio correctly although they play fine on WMP.
<<

bschell

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Re: MP3 files stop playing before end of song

JAM wrote:Hi - I'm running Pro v 1.10.1 on a Windows 10 machine. I've had Serviio running for many years playing MP3s without a problem. When I upgraded to the new version, Serviio stopped seeing all of an MP3 file. For example it will show an MP3 as 00:22 seconds long while, if I look at the same file in Windows Media Player it shows as 3:12. Serviio plays the song until it reaches 00:22 then stops. WMP plays the whole 3:12 song. As I add albums, some files play fine some stop short of the end. They stop playing at the same place every time. All my old files (12,662) seem to work fine. It seems that only new files are not read by Serviio correctly although they play fine on WMP.

I'm having the same problem. It only seems to impact new files like you said. Kind of frustrating. :?

Return to Serviio Support & Help