FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 2

<<

tsuess

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Serviio 2

Good Morning,

Just wondering what the planned feature list is for Serviio 2.0? I love this software, and it's not missing much from my
standpoint, I've tried other media platforms but none has performed the consistent and stable way that serviio has.

So what can we expect in the next major version??

Thanks again for an awesome product!!

Todd
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Serviio 2

The biggest is multi-user support (in the Pro edition).

And more will come later after the initial release.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm

What else is in Serviio V2.0 ?

The only thing I can find reference to is multi-user - which does not seem of much value.
Nor can I recall having seen forum reference to it previously.
What else is in v2.0? - I cannot find any sort of release list.

There were a lot of useful audio related feature requests:-
-Online Sources - Improved facilities and
-playlist import/export improvement
-Support and simplify high resolution artwork and metadata
-Audio - improved use of Artist and AlbumArtist metadata
-Including useful things on the Serviio console front page
to name but a few.

Have any of these been actioned?

I have no problem with a new licence fee, Serviio is good and good value, but it would be nice if more useful feature requests had been addressed.
Last edited by Paul C on Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Paul C wrote:What else is in Serviio V2.0 ?

The only thing I can find reference to is multi-user - which does not seem of much value.
Nor can I recall having seen forum reference to it previously.

Actually, multi-user has been a major request for some time. As to other updates, here are some:

- added browsing Movies by duration
- added Display name to local Shared folders
- added the possibility to ignore folders by name, per Shared folder
- added the possibility to ignore files by extension, per Shared folder
- fixed empty folders when browsing on VLC Android

And he also mentioned that future updates will include further improvements. I'm guessing, but he probably had to make some internal changes to support such future additions. That's probably what made it a major version update.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed May 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Multi user support included a lot of internal changes. Other requests will obviously follow in future 2.x releases. The importance is usually indicative by the votes on the bitbucket project page.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:23 pm

zip wrote:Multi user support included a lot of internal changes. Other requests will obviously follow in future 2.x releases. The importance is usually indicative by the votes on the bitbucket project page.

I suspect that many forum users are not familiar with the Bitbucket process, e.g. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17870&p=120316&hilit=thumbnail#p120782
Bet there was no Bitbucket vote.
I only became aware when previously querying if "Feature Requests" raised were being actioned.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

PL82

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi, the multiuser option is nice, BUT in the user-interface i can set an the max rating which says "Allow only videos with this or lower rating".
This option is not fully implimented.
When there is a video with unknown rate (whatever for a reason, because i can find the video in the online database), it will be shown. I think unknown rates may not been shown with this option.

Return to Serviio Support & Help