FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Roku Ultra Config

<<

JerryCic

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Roku Ultra Config

There are several threads in this forum addressing the Roku Ultra config.
I am currently using 'chaneru' and it works. but i would like to fix the Roku 4k config.

using the Roku4k config, the audio is often silent.
Somewhere in another thread, it was mentioned that there would be a new config created that would work on the Roku Ultra.
Has that config been made public?

I have tried some of the sugestions, but i dont like to edit the config file. plus the sugestions have not worked.

The fact that the 'chaneru' config at least works is prommising.

Has anyone come up with a config that works for Roku Ultra 4k?

I am using Serviio 1.10.1 Pro. I have a roku ultra 4k (new). I also am using a Sony Bravio.

Thanks
Jerry C
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Roku Ultra Config

So, you are most likely using a Roku Ultra 4660. I built the profiles using the Ultra 4640, which has an internal Dolby Digital encoder. No other Roku player has that, although some TVs do. So it's possible I missed something. Also, I run my audio through an AVR, so it might support something that isn't supported in your setup. For your player, the correct Roku profile would be the 4K Player with MPEG2 support. On my Ultra it works fine with all my media.

Yes, the next version of Serviio will have some updated Roku profiles, mostly to use HLS transcoding for most of the files. But I don't think there's anything different about audio codec matching. So to figure this out, we need to know what audio codecs are in your fil es that aren't providing sound. See the link in my sig line to see how to determine your media file contents. Then post here the results so we can see why it might be getting missed.

The Chaneru profile was created a number of years ago to support much older Roku players. It's a great profile, but it transcodes far more than necessary for the newer players. So once you identify your media file information, we can see what might have been missed.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help