FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio server detected, but library will not load.

<<

zerophase

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:48 am

Serviio server detected, but library will not load.

This is happening on a Samsung Tv and VLC.

I just picked up a GT-AC5300. I'm pretty sure I have it configured correctly for Serviio. I even tried disabling the firewall just to see if that was the cause with no dice. For the TV it goes: TV >> switch >> router >> server. For VLC: wireless >> server. So, the icon shows up on both, but nothing loads. In the past when I was using dd-wrt I'm pretty sure this setup just worked. Does anyone know what needs to be changed?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Serviio server detected, but library will not load.

What is the operating system of the computer with Serviio? If you have Pro, or are in the trial period, does MediaBrowser work? For the wireless device, there might be a setting that is blocking internal network access for connected devices. But the fact it sees Serviio would imply that isn't a problem.

As long as the switch is not creating a different IP subnet, there shouldn't be any issues for the TV. And since it too can see Serviio, that also seems to imply the network is working OK. I will say that the Samsung DLNA player is terrible, but it usually sees the playable files without a problem.

Might need to see your Serviio log, to see if your players are being detected correctly.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

slunggo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:41 pm

I run Serviio on Ubuntu. I upgraded Serviio from 1.9.2 to 1.10.1 and both TVs I use were no longer working. In the end, it was due to the latest Java not working with Serviio.

The key error from serviio.log was:
ERROR [ServiceInvoker] Cannot create instance of SOAP MessageFactory
javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to create message factory for SOAP...

To fix, I used update-alternatives to pick the Java 8 before running serviio.sh.
$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection Path Priority Status
------------------------------------------------------------
0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java 1111 auto mode
1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java 1111 manual mode
* 2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java 1081 manual mode

Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:

There are probably many better solutions, but this might be useful if you're stuck like I was.

Below is more info on the initial problem as breadcrumbs for others. GL.

The two TVs are:
o Sony Bravia KDL-48W600B, corrected detected by Serviio using profile "Sony Bravia TV (2013/14)"
o Sony Bravia KDL-32EX600, corrected detected by Serviio using profile Sony Bravia TV (2010)

Both TVs have worked with many previous versions of Serviio.

Both TVs are showing the media server icon as greyed out. However the KDL-48W600B complains of not having receiving any content from Serviio, which is a slightly different error to an offline server.

I have tried updating the network server list on both TVs but nothing changed. On the KDL-48W600B, I cleared the network server list and updated and now Serviio is not being listed. So I suspect any initial handshake is failing.
<<

zerophase

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah, it was from updating to the latest java for this system.

Are there any plans to move to one of the newest Java? 10 up does seem to have some performance improvements.
<<

zerophase

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Any word on whether 2.0 supports Java 10?

Return to Serviio Support & Help