FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

(null/null) inserted into my titles?!

<<

tbadbeer

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: (null/null) inserted into my titles?!

Attached the pertinent parts of the log.
I did notice that even in DEBUG mode, the log still has the INFO tag...is that normal?
Attachments
Serviio Log.txt
Log File output
(2.71 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:57 pm

yes, this is not the detailed log. there should be a lot of DEBUG rows. Make sure you restart the windows service / or your PC
<<

tbadbeer

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:32 pm

Found my issue with the INFO/DEBUG log...the console was being run under a User and not a Admin. Interestingly, when done so, the console Status page will allow you to press the Stop Server button and it will respond and show the server as stopped...but it does not actually stop the server! Under the same conditions, when a User continues and presses "Start Server", the console responses that the server started when in all reality, it had never stopped...got a bug there. Should have a error message that a User cannot stop the server and the console sure should read the actual condition of the server service, so even though the Stop Server was pressed, the server still shows as up.

Anyways, on to the null/null issue. Attached is the DEBUG log with all Tangled items and all others extracted.
The log starts at 2019-11-25 10:00:05,109 and recognizes a new entry at 2019-11-25 10:00:05,109 for Tangled in a new folder "Tangled [tt0398286]".
I believe a key shows up in the MetadataExtractionCoordinator lines 74 & 75.
The Embedded entry type is Movie but it gives it a "seasonNumber=null, seriesName=T" properties. The ONLINE_VIDEO_SOURCES also sets type as MOVIE but sets the "seasonNumber=null, seriesName=null" properties correctly.
The log continues through adding the file to the Library.
At 2019-11-25 10:05:42,993 I change the Folder name back to "Tangled" and the process starts over with the same MetadataExtractionCoordinator entries in Lines 109 & 112.

So if the system is thinking it is seeing this Series Name embedded in the file metadata, how can I get to that data (see and change)? Obviously the Windows File Properties and Mp3Tag are not seeing the full metadata lists.
Attachments
Serviio Tangled Extract.txt
(29.19 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 pm

tbadbeer wrote:Found my issue with the INFO/DEBUG log...the console was being run under a User and not a Admin. Interestingly, when done so, the console Status page will allow you to press the Stop Server button and it will respond and show the server as stopped...but it does not actually stop the server!

Actually. the Stop Server button controls the DLNA server function, not the Serviio service. Those are two different functions, and it's always worked that way. Using that button you can reload the profiles config file, but for the log I believe you have to actually stop the Serviio service itself. You can either stop/start the service with the Services app, or simply reboot the computer.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

tbadbeer

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Ok - that matches with my previous understanding of that Status Tab server button's function was, so maybe we have a "precision of language" mismatch with the line on the Detailed Logging page ( https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=detail_logging), where it says "Stop and Start the server in the console Status tab" when trying to reset the server to allow the new logging to happen.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:38 am

tbadbeer wrote:Ok - that matches with my previous understanding of that Status Tab server button's function was, so maybe we have a "precision of language" mismatch with the line on the Detailed Logging page ( https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=detail_logging), where it says "Stop and Start the server in the console Status tab" when trying to reset the server to allow the new logging to happen.

I wasn't aware of that wiki post, so it does sound like restarting using that button should reload the log config file.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

tbadbeer

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Petr, Dan,
Thank you guys for helping with this. It appears that Serviio is doing exactly what it is being told by the embedded metadata. I used TagScanner and 'MP4 Video and Audio Tag Editor' to confirm that there were other metadata fields that I could see with neither Windows Properties nor Mp3Tag that were somehow set to define the files as TV Shows under the parent folder's name (in this case my alphabetized structure).
TagScanner.jpg
TagScanner.jpg (40.11 KiB) Viewed 4264 times

TagScanner names the field TVShow, MP4 Vid uses the simple name of Show. By removing these entries, when I refresh the metadata in Serviio, all returns to expected outputs.

So now I have nearly 1000 movies to update! The two tools mentioned above are one at a time tools...any suggestions on apps that could scan, pull online data and rewrite en masse? Or one that can load more than one and can write just the metadata back to the file without resaving the entire move file?
<<

zip

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:42 pm

ah yes, I only now realised Serviio actually looks at the embedded metadata for series as well (it was added in a recent version I think).

I think (without checking the code) if you enable online metadata it should use that info and overwrite the embedded metadata. Di you try that? (sorry if you already mentioned it, I didnt go through the whole thread again)
<<

tbadbeer

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:41 am

Yeah, unfortunately the Online Resources has been on this entire time so no love there with overwriting the embedded metadata. I'm just working my way through the "H"s now, one at a time, correcting the embedded stuff.
Did run across a TV vs Mini-series vs Movie issue that I have added to the forum herehttps://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26166 though that you can weigh in on...
Thx
Tom
<<

kittmaster

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm seeing this behavior now in V2.

There needs to be a way to turn this feature or subsection meta read off. Not everyone is going to bag and tag these fields.

I've turned off the onine version and rescanning to see if it corrects it.....but this is something that should be investigated for conformance.

Using "NULL" everywhere is very annoying, if the meta is null then just render is as 0 data and format the strings without it, adding NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL everywhere........well, you can see how annoying that looks.

Please advise if this can be looked into.

Best,
Chris
<<

zip

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Previous

Return to Serviio Support & Help