FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Building Shared Folders Recursively?

<<

arretx

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 am

Building Shared Folders Recursively?

Regarding photo albums that are stored on local NAS...

It seems that Serviio poses yet another challenge when it comes to organizing photos.

The "tagging" method of photo organization, whereby all images reside in a single folder (much like Google's inbox) yet each photo is tagged with one or more identifiers, seems to be the most efficient way of organizing photos as quickly as possible (A similar method to the way Google introduced web-searching years ago.)

The problem is that we're still storing media like Yahoo indexed websites.

I used to gather my photos in relatively descriptive folders with sub-folders and sub-folders, etc. This presents a problem when cross-referencing topics. I thought I'd try switching to a date based catalog, but this creates a ton of folders as well. Then, I figured, if the rest of the world is moving towards a single repository with the ability to tag multiple photos, then perhaps I should just do that.

Now, with Serviio, I'm not sure how to build my image library. At present, I would think that I could add a top level folder share and then tell Serviio to search all folders and sub-folders recursively.

Does Serviio have this functionality?

Even if it does, it moves me back to the old folder style indexing method. Can Serviio organize photos based on tags?
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: Building Shared Folders Recursively?

arretx wrote:Regarding photo albums that are stored on local NAS...
...similar method to the way Netscape introduced web-searching years ago.

There, ftfy! :geek:

Return to Serviio Support & Help