FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just upgraded to Serviio 2.0 and it no longer works...

<<

matday

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

Just upgraded to Serviio 2.0 and it no longer works...

Hi,

I've just upgraded Serviio on my Qnap NAS from v1.10.1 to v2, the upgrade went ok but when i click on shared folders it tells me the server doesn't appear to be running. If i stop and start Servvio from my Qnap control panel it makes no difference?

Just tried going back to Serviio v1.10.1 and it seems the upgrade has broken it. 'Cannot connect, the server doesn't appear to be running'' and then this appears :

{{'tab_folders_online_repository_entry_media_type' | translate}}
{{'file_type_audio' | translate}}
{{'file_type_video' | translate}}
{{'file_type_image' | translate}}
{{'tab_folders_respository_table_folder' | translate}}
{{'tab_folders_repository_table_retrieve_descriptive_metadata' | translate}}
{{'tab_folders_repository_table_access_groups' | translate}}
{{'tab_folders_repository_use_poller' | translate}}

I've tried restarting my NAS. I've also tried removing Serviio completely and doing a clean install of v2.0 and it doesn't even open! Just get 'can't establish a connection to the server at nas:23423' in Firefox.

Ok i've just removed Seriio completely again! And tried a clean install of v1.10.1 and i think 2.0 has screwed it up. I can view the console and add a shared folder but after saving the list of shared folders is empty?!?

If i click 'Status' i get this load of garbled text :

{{'tab_status_connected_devices' | translate}}

{{'tab_status_connected_devices_overview' | translate}}

{{ 'tab_status_renderer_table_ipaddress' | translate}}

{{ 'tab_status_renderer_table_device_name' | translate}}

{{ 'tab_status_renderer_table_profile' | translate}}

{{'tab_status_renderer_table_device_name' | translate}}

{{'tab_status_renderer_table_device_friendly_name' | translate}}

{{'tab_status_renderer_table_ipaddress' | translate}}

{{'tab_status_renderer_table_renderer_access_group' | translate}}

 

Serviio appears to be recreating my list of video and audio as i can see the thumbnails appearing in the top right, but my list of shared folders is empty!???

What the hell happened?

Any help would be much appreciated please?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Serviio 2.0 and it no longer works...

Those messages usually mean your browser cache has retained some data that isn't compatible with V2. Clearing the browser cache has worked for many other users. Yes, you can't go back to 1.10.1 except by a clean install.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

matday

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 pm

atc98092 wrote:Those messages usually mean your browser cache has retained some data that isn't compatible with V2. Clearing the browser cache has worked for many other users. Yes, you can't go back to 1.10.1 except by a clean install.

Thanks, its working now. Weirdly though i tried both Firefox (my main browser) and IE (which i never use) and they both did the same thing! Anyway, shared folders are back, thanks a lot! :D
<<

matday

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Any idea why v2.0 gives me the error 'server doesn't appear to be running' though? I'd like to upgrade to v2.0 just to keep Serviio up to date, but obviously can't if it doesn't work? I've tried both an upgrade and clean install..
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm

matday wrote:Any idea why v2.0 gives me the error 'server doesn't appear to be running' though? I'd like to upgrade to v2.0 just to keep Serviio up to date, but obviously can't if it doesn't work? I've tried both an upgrade and clean install..

What operating system: Windows, Mac or Linux? Please attach your Serviio log here so we can see what error is reported.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

matday

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 pm

atc98092 wrote:
matday wrote:Any idea why v2.0 gives me the error 'server doesn't appear to be running' though? I'd like to upgrade to v2.0 just to keep Serviio up to date, but obviously can't if it doesn't work? I've tried both an upgrade and clean install..

What operating system: Windows, Mac or Linux? Please attach your Serviio log here so we can see what error is reported.

It's a Qnap NAS so i'd guess it's Linux. Is there any way i can backup the list of shared folders before i try upgrading or doing a clean install of V2 again?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Unfortunately, no there's no way to backup your settings. For a NAS install, I don't know how or where it's installed, but in the Serviio install location there should be a folder named Log. Please copy the Serviio.log file and attach it here so we can check for proper program initialization on startup.
Dan

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:43 pm

As stated, try to clean your browser cache.

Return to Serviio Support & Help