FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Downgrade to 1.x Serviio version

<<

tmtd

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Downgrade to 1.x Serviio version

Due to the problems between ServiiGo and Serviio 2.0 i have to downgrade my Serviio server with 1.x version. How can i do this? I can simply execute on my Mac the installation file and he substitue? There is a problem with this procedure?
Thank you in advance
<<

sake

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: Downgrade to 1.x Serviio version

tmtd wrote:Due to the problems between ServiiGo and Serviio 2.0 i have to downgrade my Serviio server with 1.x version. How can i do this? I can simply execute on my Mac the installation file and he substitue? There is a problem with this procedure?
Thank you in advance

I am afraid that you would need to uninstall v2.0 and then re-install your 1.10/1.10.1 version. It happened to me and also to everyone else in the forums who wanted to downgrade :(
<<

tmtd

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:29 pm

sake wrote:
tmtd wrote:Due to the problems between ServiiGo and Serviio 2.0 i have to downgrade my Serviio server with 1.x version. How can i do this? I can simply execute on my Mac the installation file and he substitue? There is a problem with this procedure?
Thank you in advance

I am afraid that you would need to uninstall v2.0 and then re-install your 1.10/1.10.1 version. It happened to me and also to everyone else in the forums who wanted to downgrade :(

I love Serviio but until Serviigo will be updated i have to use Serviio 1.x. I have to unistall and install? I can't only execute Serviio 1.x installer?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm

tmtd wrote:
sake wrote:
Thank you in advance

I love Serviio but until Serviigo will be updated i have to use Serviio 1.x. I have to unistall and install? I can't only execute Serviio 1.x installer?

No, you can't installed an older version of Serviio over a newer version. There are usually changes to database structure or other working files with each update that you would likely not have a functional server by doing so. I believe you would find that very few applications will function correctly when you attempt to install an older version over a new one. Often the programs wouldn't even allow you to do so.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sake

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:35 pm

tmtd wrote:
sake wrote:
Thank you in advance

Unfortunately you will have to uninstall the v2.0 one. I tried it and the whole app crashed. I was unable to start it and then realized that the uninstall was a must, unfortunately.

Sticking to v.1.10 for the time being.

Return to Serviio Support & Help