FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DLNA browsing : Title / Filename mismatch

<<

sf666

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:52 pm

DLNA browsing : Title / Filename mismatch

Hi there,

I have one issue with browsing DLNA directory services (with audio files). The DIDL-lite element serviio delivers to a control point seems to embed the filename in the dc:title Tag instead of the actual title.

Code:
<dc:title>Awake.flac</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class>

The database contains the correct entries:

Code:
select TITLE, FILE_NAME, file_type from MEDIA_ITEM where title like 'Awake%';
TITLE                                          |FILE_NAME                         |FILE&
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awake                                         |Awake.flac                        |AUDIO

Is this being done on purpose? I think it is more desirable to just take the Title instead of the filename.

SF
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:43 am

Re: DLNA browsing : Title / Filename mismatch

This happens when you use the Folders category. The other categories should deliver the metadata title.
<<

sf666

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:47 pm

I understand and I can confirm this behaviour. But again, wouldn't it be more intuitive if the <dc:title> tag would actually contain the title? The filename (if someone for whatever reasons needs it) could i.e. be added to the UpNP or resource namespace tags ("upnp:xxx" , "res:...")

What do you think?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:46 pm

I prefer it the way it is. I have some media that doesn't match up with any metadata source, so under the other presentations they all have erroneous title info. I know if I go into the Folder view I can see the actual file name. None of them are actual titles that can be found in online sources, as they're just a bunch of 4K demo clips.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sf666

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:06 am

Sure, you're having a different use case than I do :)

From my perspective, I have a fairly well organized music library within a folder structure. Using the Album or other available views doesn't help very much. Therefore I'm reliant on correct title information in folder view.

If I could make a proposal I'd suggest to either (priority in order of appearance).

- make it configurable per shared folder, if the filename or the metadata-title is being used
- or the real metadata-title is delivered as an optional upnp or resource tag
- or the real metadata-title is delivered by quering the rest-api (brose call)
- or the real metadata-title is delivered by an other good idea

Return to Serviio Support & Help