<FriendlyName>Serviio ({computerName}): 1</FriendlyName>

to file "profiles.xml" in folder -> [[C:\Program Files\Serviio\config]]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To Change Thumbnail Resolution
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Code:
added line;

-Dserviio.hdThumbnailResoulution=640

to file "ServiioService.exe.vmoptions" in folder -> [[C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin]]

change line 197;

<ThumbnailsResolution>HD</ThumbnailsResolution>

<<

Pir8pete

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:04 am

Re: Change Server Name and Thumbnail Resolution

Zip can you sticky this please, to help people find it easier then going through multi threads!!!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Re: Change Server Name and Thumbnail Resolution

You only need to edit line 12 to change the server name. Line 339 only applies to that one profile (XBox 360). No idea why that profile has that line, and Zip should probably edit it from the next update. It's supposed to be the friendly name of the detected device, not the server name. Notice it's under the <Detection> section, not <DeviceDescription>, where the server name is found.

You can also remove the ({computerName}) part if you'd like to have a cleaner name. On my two Serviio boxes, one just says Serviio while the other says Test Serviio. That way my family can instantly see which is my test server and which is the one they need to use.

One final comment, you can make the resolution number whatever you'd like. I have mine set at 1000, and the icon images look quite nice. Just want people to understand that number is flexible.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Pir8pete

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Re: How to: Change Server Name and Thumbnail Resolution

How can I make these thumbnails pics fit better? inside the box on my 2017 LG oLED TV

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Pir8pete wrote:How can I make these thumbnails pics fit better? inside the box on my 2017 LG oLED TV

I don't think there's anything that can be done from the Serviio side. My daughter's LG TV does the same thing, while my Samsung TVs, Roku and Shield players all look fine.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:43 pm

[quote="Pir8pete"]
  Code:
added line;
    -Dserviio.hdThumbnailResoulution=640
to file "ServiioService.exe.vmoptions" in folder -> [[C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin]]

change line 197;
<ThumbnailsResolution>HD</ThumbnailsResolution>

This is very mis-leading advice - as changes to both will be lost on Serviio upgrade.
There are several threads currently discussing how to maintain these beneficial changes across version changes see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25641
Also profiles.xml specifically says "not" to amend the generic profile (which is what you are doing).

Importantly I think Zip has this issue on his v2.1 list so it may change/be resolved at last.
Serviio PRO v2.0, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (registered), Acer Aspire One netbook, HP Elitebook, Windows 10 Pro (1903), Linn Majik DS/1, Denon DNP-730AE, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, BubbleUPnP app, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res streaming.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:21 am

Paul C wrote:This is very mis-leading advice - as changes to both will be lost on Serviio upgrade.
There are several threads currently discussing how to maintain these beneficial changes across version changes see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25641
Also profiles.xml specifically says "not" to amend the generic profile (which is what you are doing).

Importantly I think Zip has this issue on his v2.1 list so it may change/be resolved at last.

Not really misleading, but you are correct that each Serviio update replaces the profiles.xml file so the changes are lost. There's no danger in editing either the server name nor the thumbnail resolution line. It's the guts of the profile that needs to remain as is.
Dan

<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:30 am

atc98092 wrote:you are correct that each Serviio update replaces the profiles.xml file so the changes are lost.

Not only the profiles.xml file but also the serviio.exe.vmoptions file - forget one or both and everything goes wrong again!
also see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25641
Serviio PRO v2.0, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (registered), Acer Aspire One netbook, HP Elitebook, Windows 10 Pro (1903), Linn Majik DS/1, Denon DNP-730AE, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, BubbleUPnP app, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res streaming.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Paul C wrote:
atc98092 wrote:you are correct that each Serviio update replaces the profiles.xml file so the changes are lost.

Not only the profiles.xml file but also the serviio.exe.vmoptions file - forget one or both and everything goes wrong again!
also see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25641

True, although making only the change in the profiles.xml file does improve the thumbnail resolution over the DLNA standard. :D
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help