FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mediabrowser artist search returns empty and invalid results

<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:41 am

Mediabrowser artist search returns empty and invalid results

I have been using this program for a long time and one thing I have never understood is the presence of seemingly phantom folders when performing a search. Ex. I do a search for Bryan Adams and under Album Artists, I get the correct folder with artwork labelled Adams, Bryan. I have all single artists with mp3 encoded data that way, first name, last name in Itunes and in the music folder itself. I also get 3 additional folders without any artwork and with no actual content within them all labelled as Bryan Adams. I have done a thorough search through the files and Itunes but I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is pulling this information from. If I do a standard scroll through the A's (and B's just to be sure), there is no folder or file that I can find that references Bryan Adams in the Artist or Album Artist fields and the raw mp3 metadata appears to be correct. Any idea why this is happening on searches and how I might be able to correct it? Thanks very much
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:59 pm

Re: Mediabrowser artist search returns empty and invalid res

If this is a Windows PC, those phantom folders might be the Recycle Bin folders. If you have Serviio going directly to the root of a drive, that would explain having those folders. What I do is always create a Media folder at the root of the drive, and place all the media within that folder. Then with Serviio mapped to that Media folder as the root location for the media, you don't get those phantom folders appearing.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:05 pm

Re: Mediabrowser artist search returns empty and invalid res

I appreciate the response, Dan. All my Music is contained in a folder on my D: drive called Music. I have folders under there lettered A-Z and then alphabetical artist folders under each of those. This is an inconsistent issue and only seems to occur with artists who are last name comma first name. Adams, Bryan shows up fine under Album Artists in Search but I also get a folder Bryan Adams that is empty. Perry, Steve pulls up 4 separate Steve Perry empty folders. Stewart, Rod just brings that up and nothing else. I feel like it's setup as you describe but I'm still seeing these bizarre phantom folders that honestly should never have existed.

Return to Serviio Support & Help