FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Image Index not working

<<

grazer75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Image Index not working

I had a problem of recognize a new folder, so i deleted the share and started from the beginning.
During this after 4 hours i turned my computer off and restarted on next day.

Now it seems that it only index 2 folders and ignores the other, doesn`t matter if i delete the share and recreate it.
Also the ignore feature for cr2 or raw is not working either, like it ignores it now.

Any conclusion how to solve it?
I don`t want to loose my video shares as i have a link in oculus quest with pegasus player

Can i delete a file, reg key to solve the problem?

Windows 10 + Servio Pro 2.1 is beeing used
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Re: Image Index not working

Serviio makes no registry entries, other than what Windows creates to control the service and track install/uninstall procedures. No operational information is located there.

I've recently made some changes on one of my servers and didn't have any issues adding a new shared folder. You are hitting the Save button at the bottom of the page after you create the new shared folder, right? Can you list the steps you took to create the new shared library location?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

grazer75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:44 pm

atc98092 wrote:Serviio makes no registry entries, other than what Windows creates to control the service and track install/uninstall procedures. No operational information is located there.

I've recently made some changes on one of my servers and didn't have any issues adding a new shared folder. You are hitting the Save button at the bottom of the page after you create the new shared folder, right? Can you list the steps you took to create the new shared library location?

I delete the share and create a new one, as mentioned before i had to shutdown my computer as i went to sleep.
It seems like it stopped at this point and every time i recreate the share it stops always after the two folders.

I tried with and without poller mechanism also i user ignore files with extension -> cr2,raw
It seems to ignore this setting at all, it scans all files of the two folders including cr2 files.

So it looks like a corruption in C:\Program Files\Serviio\library or? I think while it was writing the index the computer shutdown and corrupted it maybe?
Still don`t understand while ignore file type does not work anymore too with pictures.

Example from log:
2021-09-20 21:36:01,340 INFO [MediaFileIndexer] Added file 'J:\_arbeit\shooting\AO\_MG_5256.JPG' (title: _MG_5256) to Library
2021-09-20 21:36:03,244 INFO [MediaFileIndexer] Added file 'J:\_arbeit\shooting\AO\_MG_5257.CR2' (title: _MG_5257) to Library

ignore files with extensions it is enough to write: cr2,raw or do i have to use eg: cr2, jpg (I think it worked before with cr2, raw)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Yeah, it might be a DB corruption. Unfortunately, the only fix for that is to remove Serviio and do a clean install. I don't use the exclude function, so can't speak to that issue. I had to rebuild my primary media computer a couple of weeks ago due to a failed SSD OS drive, so fortunately all my media (on different hard drives) was intact and once I installed Serviio it didn't take long to get back up and running. Depending on the complexity of your configuration, it shouldn't take too long to do a reinstall. I know you mentioned a couple of video shares you don't want to lose, but I don't know what's involved with setting those up.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Yeah, it might be a DB corruption. Unfortunately, the only fix for that is to remove Serviio and do a clean install. I don't use the exclude function, so can't speak to that issue. I had to rebuild my primary media computer a couple of weeks ago due to a failed SSD OS drive, so fortunately all my media (on different hard drives) was intact and once I installed Serviio it didn't take long to get back up and running. Depending on the complexity of your configuration, it shouldn't take too long to do a reinstall. I know you mentioned a couple of video shares you don't want to lose, but I don't know what's involved with setting those up.
Dan

<<

grazer75

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 am

The scan problem was a conflict with qsync as it seems, i have to stop qsync first.
In the old version this was working.
Guess qsync locks folders.

But ignore cr2 if i only write this in the field does not work.
But is this really a db corruption if the scan does not ignore cr2 files as set?

Db corruption in my opinion is not the problem.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Yeah, I was only considered a DB issue with the adding shared folder issue. I can't help with the ignore files issue, unfortunately.
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help