FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 2.0 - Permissions Bug (Audio / Images)

<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Serviio 2.0 - Permissions Bug (Audio / Images)

Running Serviio 2.0 Pro and just found what appears to be a permissions bug. I have Audio, Video and Image folders defined, with select permissions by user. My "limited access" user is configured to only be able to view select Video folders, but can see all three categories. Additionally, they can also see the content in the Audio and Images categories that they are not selected to have permissions for. The video folders that they are restricted from are working correctly (thankfully!).
Serviio 2.1 Pro on CentOS 7 | Roku 4K Streaming Stick | Roku 3 | HD & 4K TV's
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Re: Serviio 2.0 - Permissions Bug (Audio / Images)

More info: on the "limited access" device, it shows me "Album" and "Album Artist" for the Audio selections, but not Playlists or the folder to browse.
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:00 pm

More (more) info: It seems to be directly related to if the "Presentation" style is set to "Display Category". If it is set to "Disable" or "Display content only", the permissions seem to be accurate.
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:06 pm

*bump*
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:12 pm

HI, can you post some screenshots of your settings and what you can see as a logged in user?

You'd still see all the categories, not matter the access rights. But then there should be no content (you might still see some folders, but there should be no actual files to play there)
<<

rccolata

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 pm

I just installed 2.0 Pro on windows 10 enterprise. I set a 'video' folder and a new user. I set that the user access to the folder with the access rights.
Going to a DLNA player on my local wifi network on my android phone. I can see the serviio server (DLNA) but I can see the folder . Also, accessing folder, it does not tell me to log in with the user that I setup for the folder.
To me, the access rights for Serviio pro doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or what don't I understand. I want to limit access to the folder on my network so that the DLNA player has to log in to access the folder through DLNA.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:18 am

rccolata wrote:I just installed 2.0 Pro on windows 10 enterprise. I set a 'video' folder and a new user. I set that the user access to the folder with the access rights.
Going to a DLNA player on my local WiFi network on my android phone. I can see the Serviio server (DLNA) but I can see the folder . Also, accessing folder, it does not tell me to log in with the user that I setup for the folder.
To me, the access rights for Serviio pro doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or what don't I understand. I want to limit access to the folder on my network so that the DLNA player has to log in to access the folder through DLNA.

When playing via DLNA, there is no log in. Few if any player devices have the ability to accomplish it, and that's something the player would have to support. Where the user can be assigned is in the Serviio console. Look at the Status tab, then find the device you want to restrict. You'll notice that by default each player has an unassigned user. This gives them full access to all folders. If you assign a user to that device, then that device is restricted the same as if you had used the login function. Just be aware that in Serviio version 2.0 there is a bug, and once you set a user name to a device you can't change or remove the user. Zip should have that fixed in the next release. It might be possible to delete the device completely from the Status list and have it re-added without a user assigned, but I've never tried it.

The only place that the user login is used is with MediaBrowser. As I said, there's no way to force it with DLNA capable devices. Your phone of course has a virtual keyboard, so could do it, but almost no TV/Blu Ray player/media streamer has the ability to do so. It's not part of the DLNA specification, so it's just not there.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi Zip!! Sorry for taking so long to reply. Things have been super busy and I haven't had time to get you the requested screenshots. I've attached them (in zip format) and include pics from the TV, and screen shots of the various settings in my Serviio. Please let me know if you need more. Thanks!
Attachments
Serviio Screenshots - Whats Seen.zip
What's seen on the TV - 2 images
(353.26 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Serviio Screenshots - Settings.zip
Serviio Settings - 3 images
(80.76 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Bump --- looking for any update here. Thanks!
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 12, 2020 12:28 pm

Bump --- Still looking for an update / resolution.
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Just upgraded to Serviio 2.1 and the bug is not fixed.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Ok, yes, I see the bug. Will raise a ticket.
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:52 pm

Hey Zip.. did this ever get resolved? or at least figured out and scheduled for implementation in the next version?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:45 pm

I just looked on Bitbucket, and he has the ticket marked as a major bug and tentatively show it scheduled for Serviio 2.2. I have no idea where he is with the next update. Life has been interfering with him, as it has with all of us over the past year+.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

nkodak

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:39 am

Thanks act. Appreciate the update.

Return to Serviio Support & Help