FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 2.0 Last Viewed still not updating

<<

tonydc

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Serviio 2.0 Last Viewed still not updating

I have not been able to get the last viewed option to update properly since upgrading to 2.0 It was working in 1.10 properly. It works if I watch a movie on my android and I look at last viewed on my android. If I look on any of my Samsung, LG, etc smartv it does not appear. If I watch it on my Samsung TV, it does not show on the Samsung TV or my android.

I did a uninstall, and reinstalled 1.10 and last viewed works again. I see in the forum that others have had the same issue. Is this going to be fixed?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:51 am

Re: Serviio 2.0 Last Viewed still not updating

The function is per User. So in order to see it on multiple devices you have to assign the same User to multiple devices (either via MediaBrowser / ServiiGo login) or by assigning a user to the device in the Status tab.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:52 am

I assume you're using Pro. In the Free edition it should work.
<<

attticus76

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:36 pm

I have the same problem with "Last Viewed". It Hangs my TV. I have the free license.
<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:42 pm

zip wrote:The function is per User. So in order to see it on multiple devices you have to assign the same User to multiple devices (either via MediaBrowser / ServiiGo login) or by assigning a user to the device in the Status tab.

We have to supply a password for a user. How does a TV or blueray player have to supply such a password? [Confirming, this fails on a Sony Blue-Ray player acting as a media server. Shows "no content".]

If we define a simple account with a simple password, how do we keep this account from being used by someone outside, if we want to leave the "remote" ports open (for when I travel)?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:24 pm

dlzc wrote:
zip wrote:The function is per User. So in order to see it on multiple devices you have to assign the same User to multiple devices (either via MediaBrowser / ServiiGo login) or by assigning a user to the device in the Status tab.

We have to supply a password for a user. How does a TV or blueray player have to supply such a password? [Confirming, this fails on a Sony Blue-Ray player acting as a media server. Shows "no content".]

If we define a simple account with a simple password, how do we keep this account from being used by someone outside, if we want to leave the "remote" ports open (for when I travel)?

The password is only used by MediaBrowser. When a user account is assigned to a player, it doesn't ask for a password but only allows viewing media that has been specifically permitted for that user account.

I leave my external ports open at all times. No one can access my MediaBrowser unless a) they know my home FQDN, b) understand how to access MediaBrowser (they need to know the complete URL) and c) thay have to know the password to actually access MB and view data.

Your test that shows no content, remember that when you assign a user account to a player that user account needs specific permission to access your media. If you create a user account, but do not give that user account permission to your shared library locations, they won't see anything.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:07 pm

atc98092 wrote:Your test that shows no content, remember that when you assign a user account to a player that user account needs specific permission to access your media. If you create a user account, but do not give that user account permission to your shared library locations, they won't see anything.

Memory leak on my part. Will try that next. Assumed it worked, and thanks!

Worked, but lost my place in the various series.

Return to Serviio Support & Help