FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Roku Profile Selection

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Roku Profile Selection

If you use a Roku media device (player or TV), please note that there are currently five different Roku profiles included with Serviio. By default, Serviio assigned the basic profile to all players, even though your device might have better capabilities that are not being used. Please go to the Serviio Wiki page to see the profiles that are available, with detailed descriptions about each profile and the players they best match. This Wiki will be updated as the profiles themselves are fine tuned, and if any additional profiles are ever included their information will be updated here as well.

https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=ro ... e_profiles
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:05 pm

Re: Roku Profile Selection

How to change the profile? Maybe I'm stupid or blind but I'm not finding anything in the console. Is it perhaps under one of the Advanced Settings that are grayed out everywhere in the console for me?
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:38 pm

Yes, it's on the Serviio console. Look on the Status page, and you see the profile assigned by default to each device. Click the Edit button at the right end of the row for the device you want to change. In the edit window, click the Profile box and a dropdown list of available profiles will appear. Choose the desired profile, then click OK. Back on the main Status page, click OK at the bottom, and the new profile will be in effect.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:29 pm

And so it is! Saw it but didn't actually recognize it for what it is. I guess I was expecting it to look differently from what it is. Thanks!

EDIT: Awesome! It also seems to have solved a different issue with my new Roku TV I was about to post. Now I don't need to! :D
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)

Return to Serviio Support & Help