FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio go streaming is not working with Media browser

<<

binoy.tapiawala1

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Serviio go streaming is not working with Media browser

I have installed Serviio on MAC with high Sierra. I also configured Library and I have couple of NON DRM content on LIB Path. I am using media browser to view that content. I can see movies in list but when I tired to play them, Its not working. I debugged and check Network requests in browser and found that m3u8 request was getting failed due to 500 Internal server error.

I gave up on Media browser and I downloaded DLNA client in my Android tablet. Serviio Server and tablet were on same network. So i can see list of movies in client on my tablet. Here when i tried to play movie, It got stuck in buffering and after 5 min it got start playing but again git stuck in buffering. So it got stuck again and again in buffering. So overall experience to watch movie was bed.

Anyone has any idea why Serviio PRo is behaving like this, is there anything i missed to configure.

Thanks
<<

MarkRoy

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:24 am

Re: Serviio go streaming is not working with Media browser

What is the type of your content? .TS? .MKV? .MP4?

Serviio sometimes has trouble with .MKV files. If the info in the .MKV is too complex, Serviio will restart the movie after a few minutes of play or buffer constantly. While I have a rare few .MKV files that play OK, I've found that I must store my content in .MP4 format for best results.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 pm

Re: Serviio go streaming is not working with Media browser

MKV, like the others, is just a container. It's what is within the container that can cause issues with playback. The vast majority of my media is in MKV containers, and seldom have issues. Another factor is what device is trying to play the files? Not all players might support the media you are attempting to play. Now, MediaBrowser in general can usually figure out how to play something, but depending on the codecs and the browser being used, and the power of the computer for transcoding, you can still have issues.

In the title you called it Serviio Go. I'm assuming you are referring to ServiiGo, an Android app that connects to a Serviio server for playback, and has nothing to do with the MediaBrowser that is part of Serviio. Please confirm exactly what you were using. Also, be aware that the developer of ServiiGo (who is not the Serviio developer) hasn't fully updated his app for Serviio 2.0, so that too might be a problem.

So, to get a better idea what's happening, we need to know what's inside your media file. There's a link in my sig line that tells how to retrieve the media contents, so let's start there. As another test, try using VLC, which is a media player that supports practically all media.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help