FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

subtitle problem

<<

folkie46

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:13 pm

subtitle problem

I have been using Serviio for several years with no problems, including numerous files with subtitles in srt files or embedded. I have suddenly found that subtitles no longer work, and this is on both an Lg tv and going through a DVR. With the tv the subtitle icon that would highlight when there was a subtitle available no longer does, and with the DVR when clicking for subtitle, it says that is not permitted. I can only conclude this has something to do with the program and not the devices. Might going to an earlier version of Serviio work? Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?
<<

Jojo Marababol

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:53 am

Re: subtitle problem

Same problem here. I play movies from Serviio thru my Sony BD player connected to a TV and no subtitles appear. Even if I try to press the subtitle button on the BD player remote nothing happens. How do I fix this? Using Serviio Pro 2.1.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:30 pm

I only have a few captions files, but I just tried a few. I am running Serviio 2.1 Pro.

With MP4 and MPG files, captions were displayed using a Roku Ultra as the player. Captions with MKV files did not. I don't know if that might be a limitation of Roku players, but I did have captions within SRT files work with MP4 and MPG files. I have burn-in captions off in Serviio, so it's not doing anything there. The MPG file requires transcoding, but the MKV and MP4 files do not, so again it doesn't seem like Serviio was doing anything with them.

Make sure you have subtitles enabled in the Serviio console under Delivery/Subtitles.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:40 pm

I have serviio 1.1 and mkv subtitles work you just have to select the audio and subtitle track you want in the player you're using.

Return to Serviio Support & Help