FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cyberghost vpn sometimes changes the dedicated IP address of

<<

tullynuevo

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Cyberghost vpn sometimes changes the dedicated IP address of

Cyberghost vpn sometimes changes the dedicated IP address of Serviio (home network). Servio is installed on windows 10. After that, the clients can no longer find the server. How can I prevent the permanently assigned ip from the home network from being changed by a VPN IP? Can someone help me ?
(Internet access is not necessary)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Re: Cyberghost vpn sometimes changes the dedicated IP addres

That sounds like something that you need to ask Cyberghost. There's nothing that can be done via Serviio.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

tullynuevo

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks for quick response. I will ask cyberghost and give a feedback. Perhaps other one has a similar problem
<<

tullynuevo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Solution:
It seems windows was the reason.
See also viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10629&p=70628#p70628

"Microsoft have changed the default behaviour of this in Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012. To allow interactive services, you need to find the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows and change NoInteractiveServices from 1 to 0.
once this is done, start the service, re-install the App, reboot, et voila!"

This works also on win10. I've been watching the behavior for days it works
<<

ThomasGreent

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:00 am

Because I'm very vigilant about all my data on the Internet, I always try to sit on the Internet anonymously. I don't want to be tracked by various secret services or just some people knowing where I am at a given moment. So I always try to use VPN, even when I am out of the country and far from home. Even when I try to connect to any Wi-Fi network, the safest way to do it is to use a VPN. Well, most of the time, I use a VPN at home when I'm watching home theater. I always try to choose the best addons https://bestvpnprovider.co/the-best-kod ... out-of-it/ with which to watch videos or movies.

Return to Serviio Support & Help