FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Change shared folder location without rescanning

<<

Fergo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Change shared folder location without rescanning

Hey everyone!

I used to have a shared folder with more than 80.000 photos on "F:\Photos". For reasons beyond the scope of the topic, I had to change that drive letter to "G:" (but it's the exact same folder structure and files, nothing changed besides the drive letter).
Serviio is now (correctly) saying that it can't find the library under "F:\Photos". If I simply remove that shared folder and add a new one pointing to "G:\Photos", it will rescan everything, which takes about 6 hours and I would like to avoid. Is there a way to simply update the database with the new drive letter instead of rescanning everything?

Thanks in advance.

KR,
Fergo
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Re: Change shared folder location without rescanning

If you really, really feel comfortable diving into database tables with 3rd party programs, it might be possible. However, even with my comfort level messing with databases (not beginner, but not a pro either) I wouldn't attempt to do so.

The Serviio database is Java Derby, and the way Serviio uses it nothing else can connect to it while Serviio is running. You have to completely shut Serviio down, use a program like SQL Squirrel (http://www.squirrelsql.org/) and be very, very careful. And frankly, unless you're knowledgeable enough to create and run SQL scripts, it would probably take longer than just letting Serviio do it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help