FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

localhost refused to connect.

<<

Stilgar

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 pm

localhost refused to connect.

Hi, brand new here. I don't think it's necessarily causal, but since my Mac updated to 10.14.6 Serviio keeps refusing to load. Nothing else on my end changed. I tried using unloading and then loading using these terminal commands: start the serversudo launchctl load -F /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.serviio.server.plist
 & stop the serversudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.serviio.server.plist
but it doesn't hold - it goes down soon after - same error of:
This site can’t be reachedlocalhost refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I also tried a reinstall of the latest Serviio version and no help there. If I should show logs I'm unsure how to find and attach them. Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated. Tomorrow is my kids' cartoon day. I'd hate for them to miss it because Daddy can't make it work...
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: localhost refused to connect.

I believe the issue is with Java permissions. Other users have encountered similar issues after a MacOS update. Another user posted the following that got him working. It wasn't the same specific issue, but might be related:
I seemed to find a fix, I went to the System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy - Full Disc Access - and deleted Java in "full Disc Access" - updated Java and re-added it to the Full Disc Access, and it now seems to be seeing the volumes, so I'm hoping this is a fix.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it might be helpful to see your Serviio log. So if you can't get it working, please attach your log here.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Stilgar

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 29, 2020 5:21 pm

atc98092 wrote:I believe the issue is with Java permissions. Other users have encountered similar issues after a MacOS update. Another user posted the following that got him working. It wasn't the same specific issue, but might be related:
I seemed to find a fix, I went to the System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy - Full Disc Access - and deleted Java in "full Disc Access" - updated Java and re-added it to the Full Disc Access, and it now seems to be seeing the volumes, so I'm hoping this is a fix.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it might be helpful to see your Serviio log. So if you can't get it working, please attach your log here.

Hiya, thanks so much for responding. I've nothing in my "full disk access" area - it's empty. I updated Java earlier today. I tried using this:
Edit file log4j.xml in config folder and change this:

<category name="org.serviio">
<priority value="INFO"/>
</category>
to:

<category name="org.serviio">
<priority value="DEBUG"/>
</category>
Stop and Start the server in the console Status tab.

I had to stop the server using the terminal command above and then start it. Then I stopped the server using the browser interface. Then I changed the DEBUG back to INFO. I've attached the log portion I think is relevant. (the entire file was 3.8mb) The errors started yesterday, I believe so the time index should let you find the errors - they do mention Java. Should I just uninstall Java, you think?
Attachments
truncatedlog.log
(387.38 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 29, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm no expert in deciphering Java messages in the log. But I did find this:

2020-05-29 07:59:39,542 ERROR [MediaServer] An unexpected error occurred. Ending the application. Message: Java heap space java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

How to resolve that, I can't say. But it does appear to be Java related.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Stilgar

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm

atc98092 wrote:I'm no expert in deciphering Java messages in the log. But I did find this:

2020-05-29 07:59:39,542 ERROR [MediaServer] An unexpected error occurred. Ending the application. Message: Java heap space java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

How to resolve that, I can't say. But it does appear to be Java related.

Okay, desperation is setting in. I've uninstalled Java. doesn't help. I've found a guide on increasing the Java memory and followed it. Reinstalled, increased memory. Rebooted. After a few minutes, same problem.

Is there a way to reinstall Serviio? I reinstalled yesterday but it wasn't a clean install. Is there a way to uninstall and then reinstall?

Please - I'm trying everything I can think of.
Attachments
NewTruncatedLog.log
(39.32 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Yes, there is. But I have no experience with MacOS, so I really can't offer any suggestions in that regard. There is a wiki post that is specific to Mac installations. I'm not certain if this might assist you.

https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=mac_install
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help