FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 2.1 under Linux Fedora not seen by AVR

<<

MrVideo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:51 am

Serviio 2.1 under Linux Fedora not seen by AVR

When 2.0 was running, the AVR would see 4 DLNA servers. The others I do not use. Now that I finally got 2.1 running and reconfigured, the AVR no longer sees the serviio DLNA server. I have no clue as to where serviio keeps the configuration, as it knew what I had set up for 2.0. In any event, while 2.1 is running (I can see the process), A Sony Blu-ray that had originally seen the 2.0 server, still lists the server, but complains that it can't start it.

I turned off the firewall. No difference. Turned it back on. SELinux is disabled (that program caused me so much grief that I got rid of it).

I then tried this:
  Code:
nc -z -v -u 192.168.1.11 1900
Ncat: Version 7.60 ( https://nmap.org/ncat )
Ncat: Connected to 192.168.1.11:1900.
Ncat: UDP packet sent successfully
Ncat: 1 bytes sent, 0 bytes received in 2.01 seconds.

As can be seen, no response back.

Here is the ps output:
  Code:
mrvideo.ZROOT <9> ps -eaf | grep serviio
root       863     1  2 20:38 ?        00:02:33 java -Xmx512M -Xms20M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:GCTimeRatio=1 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=10
-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=20 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true
-Dorg.restlet.engine.loggerFacadeClass=org.restlet.ext.slf4j.Slf4jLoggerFacade -Dderby.system.home=/usr/local/bin/serviio/library
-Dserviio.home=/usr/local/bin/serviio -Dffmpeg.location=ffmpeg -Ddcraw.location=dcraw -classpath /usr/local/bin/serviio/lib/*:/usr/local/bin/serviio/config org.serviio.MediaServer

Wait, I just noticed something. The above ps is showing that it is looking at /usr/local/bin/serviio, not /usr/local/bin/serviio-2.1. Wrong, I started it with: "./serviio-2.1/bin/serviio.sh &", while sitting in /usr/local/bin. Why is serviio not correctly picking up where it was started? What is even more strange, when I tried starting if from /usr/local/bin/serviio, it complained about a null error. Another user indicated that it meant that derby was having an issue. Yet, now derby seems to like the library.

Now, trying to stop serviio with the --stop option yields:
  Code:
An unexpected error occurred. Ending the application. Message: java.net.BindException: Address already in use. Check serviio.log for more details.

It is still running. I killed the process.

Removed serviio and rename serviio-2.1. Restarted serviio. Now I did have to redo all of the configuration. As it is finding files, it keep popping up a notification. I can't find a way to turn that off. If there isn't one, it needs to be added. It is annoying to have that notification show up when adding/deleting files.

Well, I'm stuck with a running server that can't be seen.
<<

MrVideo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:57 am

Re: Serviio 2.1 under Linux Fedora not seen by AVR

Update: I used the nc command incorrectly. The -z option eliminates being able to send text to the port.

Running the command over TCP 8895 connects and I entered "help" just for something to enter. Serviio 2.1 responded back that it was bad and closed the connection. Trying UDP 1900 got a connection, but text not allowed.

So, the server seems to be listening over the two ports, but interaction not working from the two devices on my LAN.

Other tests I can do?
<<

MrVideo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:11 pm

I reinstalled 2.0 and while the console can attach to the server, just like 2.1, no device can find it and attach to it.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 pm

MrVideo wrote:I reinstalled 2.0 and while the console can attach to the server, just like 2.1, no device can find it and attach to it.

That now sounds like a permissions or firewall issue. Also the possibility of something in the network mis-configued somehow, such as IP address ranges that are mis-matched, or a NETMASK setting error.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

MrVideo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:06 am

BTW, the stop server button on the console does not work. It is ignored. I had to do "serviio.sh -stop" to stop 2.0.

I then switched back to 2.1. When I had the Linux firewall turned off, the receiver still didn't see anything. Turns out the damn receiver was hung while dealing with Media (DLNA). I had to power cycle it. Now with the firewall off, the amp can see serviio. But, it and the BD player thinks that there is nothing there. The receiver is still screwed up. When I went to get the server listing, it said that it was empty. While looking at the amp, via HDMI, trying to back out of the server, the screen flashed green and now media mode is hung. Crap. It is an older, out-of-warranty amp. It was how I was going to play DSF files. Stupid receiver sent me on a wild goose chase. :oops:

I've added 1900 and 8895 to the firewall. I must have just turned it off before and the reboot obviously turned it back on.

So, it looks like this issue is solved. No to open another thread to find out why neither device sees any files. I obviously have something set wrong.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm

The stop server button only stops the actual server broadcast. The Serviio service is still running. The stop button will also force reloading the Profiles file when it is restarted.

Glad you've resolved the other issues.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

MrVideo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info.
<<

MrVideo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am

For those who are interested, while I got serviio to work with my AVR, it turns out that there are no AVRs that will play DNLA streamed audio that contains multi-channel. Bot even via a USB thumbdrive. They are stereo only. Supposedly there is a Sony AVR that will.

I've discovered, via another forum, that the Sony UBP-X800M2 Blu-ray player will play multi-channel audio, even though the manual says that it won't play any audio via the home network. Sony lied, as it works perfectly. I have one of those Blu-ray players.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 am

Yea that's good you figured it out. The companies that make these devices it would seem are no longer investing much in dlna idk why.

Return to Serviio Support & Help