FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ripped SACDs

<<

Chasewood

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Ripped SACDs

I have recently ripped about 100 SACD's to dsf, and am using Serviio because it can manage those files. Around half of the albums had missing metadata after ripping, and I used Bliss to add it where necessary. Mostly, that worked very well. Unfortunately I am left with around a dozen album folders that were not tagged correctly by Bliss and are only accessible in Serviio via Folders and not by Album, Artist, etc.
Support at Bliss has been very helpful, and has isolated the problem to the release of jaudiotagger used in Bliss. If the file size is over 2GB, evidently jaudiotagger makes incorrect assumptions, so Serviio cannot process the tagged file correctly.
Apparently, the problem is fixed in the latest release of jautotagger. Bliss has committed to using the latest version of jaudiotagger in its next release but says that, for that change to be effective, Serviio needs to be on the same (latest) release of jautotagger also (https://bitbucket.org/ijabz/jaudiotagge ... -dsf-files).
I'm brand new to all of this (I use Kodi for most of my media management) so I'm hoping someone in the forum can let me know:
1) Is this a known problem?
2) Does the solution proposed by Bliss seem reasonable?
3) Is this problem significant enough for Serviio to address it in an upcoming release?
Steve.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Re: Ripped SACDs

Just a guess on my part, but if they fix the issue with their software I can't see any reason Serviio would need to change anything. It sounds like it's processing the smaller files correctly, so if the larger files are processed in the same manner Serviio should see them just like the smaller ones.

Of course, Zip is the only one who would truly know if it's something that will require an update to the Serviio coding.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Dan Gravell

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 am

Re: Ripped SACDs

Dan from the bliss project here.

Both bliss and Serviio use jaudiotagger to read tags.

I observed jaudiotagger, used in Serviio 2.1, outputting this with files over 2GB:

/path/to/file/01 - IV. Finale Allegro moderato (original version).dsf No existing ID3 tag(2)

bliss outputs the same thing.

The underlying issue is linked to in the OP. Methinks Serviio need to bump their version of jaudiotagger, but appreciate this comes with a non-trivial testing requirement.

Return to Serviio Support & Help