FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DLNA server not being seen over network

<<

tinybilbo

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:29 pm

DLNA server not being seen over network

Hi,

I have Serviio Running via docker (with --network=host) and everything runs fine even when accessing from an external location via ServiGO.
However when i try to access the DLNA on my android phone or tablet, The clients find nothing...
The only thing that can find Serviio is VLC from my PC (via UPNP).

If I set up another DLNA server with docker (like Asset-Upnp), that server can be seen....

Is there a setting that I'm missing in Serviio to enable DLNA? and if not does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

The docker image is running on Ubuntu server with firewall turned off.

Thanks
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Re: DLNA server not being seen over network

I'm not familiar with running Serviio (or anything else) on a NAS. But no, there's no switch for the DLNA server. It can be toggled on/off from the Serviio console at the bottom of the Status page, so you can look there to see if it's running. But it's on by default and on a reboot. It sounds like some sort of networking configuration in the docker.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

tinybilbo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Re: DLNA server not being seen over network

atc98092 wrote:I'm not familiar with running Serviio (or anything else) on a NAS. But no, there's no switch for the DLNA server. It can be toggled on/off from the Serviio console at the bottom of the Status page, so you can look there to see if it's running. But it's on by default and on a reboot. It sounds like some sort of networking configuration in the docker.

Thanks for the reply.
Actually it's running on a headless server rather than a NAS, just in docker. As far as I can see there is much any difference between versions.
All other DLNA servers ran fine with docker, So I though it unlikely to be docker itself.
Knowing that it should work (from your reply) I just wiped the docker container and ran fresh one with exactly the same config.
To my surprise It could immediately be found by my Android devices. So I guess (you were right :-) ) some error had crept in somewhere to the actual container.
It's been bugging me for months! I just assumed that I had misconfigured something!

Return to Serviio Support & Help