<<

jemail

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:10 pm

HTTPS not available

I am running serviio latest on FreeBSD 12.2
I cannot get serviio to listen on the https port. The log states the following:

Code:
2020-12-17 15:59:18,940 WARN  [RestletServer] Key store location not provided of the keystore doesn't exist. HTTPS will not be available.

I have another instance of serviio latest running on Debian Buster which does not have this problem. I have made no special configuration adjustments (ie no manual editing of files or such) to either the FreeBSD instance or the Buster instance.
Any ideas how I can get serviio on FreeBSD to resolve the keystore issue?
<<

cmakula

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Re: HTTPS not available

The error you are getting is associated with having no certificates or certificate authorities installed. In Ubuntu and Debian, the package for installation of that component is software-properties-common (which is a collection of a bunch of other, smaller packages, including one called ca-certificates, to handle common software calls, including certificates and authorities). Not sure what package installs the certificate authority handler under FreeBSD...
:ugeek:
Serviio Server - Dell PowerEdge R420, Dual Xeon E5-2420, 4x120 GB SSD RAID 0, 64 GB RAM (Serviio running from RAMdisk), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to NAS, Ubuntu 22.04.1 Minimal
NFS File Server - Synology DS1517+, 20TB disk space (5x4TB), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to Serviio Server
<<

jemail

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:24 pm

Re: HTTPS not available

cmakula wrote:The error you are getting is associated with having no certificates or certificate authorities installed. In Ubuntu and Debian, the package for installation of that component is software-properties-common (which is a collection of a bunch of other, smaller packages, including one called ca-certificates, to handle common software calls, including certificates and authorities). Not sure what package installs the certificate authority handler under FreeBSD...

Thanks for this information.

On Linux Debian certificate authorities are located at /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla
On FreeBSD certificate authorities are located at /usr/share/certs/trusted
I created /usr/share/ca-certificates directory then created a softlink mozilla pointing /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla to on FreeBSD.

Unfortunately this didn't help.

Return to Serviio Support & Help