FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Possible to update ffmpeg for Serviio on Synology?

<<

dovedescent7

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 am

Possible to update ffmpeg for Serviio on Synology?

It appears the dev for Synology Serviio 2.1 has disappeared, or at least that's what I've heard.

Like others, I'm stuck on serviio 2.0 for my Ds918, but I'd like up update at least the ffmpeg

Is there a simple way to update, or replace just the ffmpeg that serviio uses in synology? Maybe via terminal? A method in which one could simply replace the old ffmpeg, with an extracted .tar file or something vs having to compile it and the like?
<<

cmakula

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Re: Possible to update ffmpeg for Serviio on Synology?

If you have the packages.pcloadletter.co.uk repository loaded (the same repo as Serviio 2.0), you should have 4.3.1-35 in the "Community" area available for download. This is the newest current stable version available for Linux. (Ubuntu LTS, for example, is still using version 4.2.2.)

As for the Synology Serviio dev, he put the installation shell scripts that he used for Serviio 2.0 toward the bottom of the page here (below the article, and above the comments): https://pcloadletter.co.uk/2012/01/25/s ... o-package/ . Some enterprising person which knows how to shell script and a little bit of time on their hands may be able to update it and create an spk file for manual install... I wish I had time available to do so, but I don't.
:ugeek:
Serviio Server - Dell PowerEdge R420, Dual Xeon E5-2420, 4x120 GB SSD RAID 0, 64 GB RAM (Serviio running from RAMdisk), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to NAS, Ubuntu 22.04.1 Minimal
NFS File Server - Synology DS1517+, 20TB disk space (5x4TB), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to Serviio Server

Return to Serviio Support & Help