Post Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:23 pm

FritzBox TV RTSP Stream

Hey Serviio-Community,

at the moment I'm struggling with the Online Sources feature.

My FritzBox has a new fancy feature to distribute TV-Streams in RTSP-standard to my home network.
It is possible to export all streams as an M3U-playlist & from there you can get the RTSP-URL.

From that point I have two challenges:

1. The TV-Streams from the FritzBox don't work.
When I try to start them with VLC-Player nothing happens & after some time VLC-Player complains that something went wrong.
In the logs (log-files & servvio.sh-script output) I cannot find anything also with setting log-level to DEBUG.

Here is an example for one of the RTSP-URL i tried to call:
rtsp://<FRITZBOX_IP-ADDRESS>:554/?avm=1&freq=330&bw=8&msys=dvbc&mtype=256qam&sr=6900&specinv=1&pids=0,16,17,18,20,5100,5101,1170,1176,2171,2172,5102,5103,5104,5105

Basically the URI works because I was able to call & stream directly with it via VLC-player.

To check, if my Serviio-Instance basically can distribute RTSP-Streams from online-sources I used this stream & it worked:
rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/ ... y_115k.mov

Without knowing the code I assume that the layout of the RTSP-URL doesn't match the expectation of the method that creates the client & tries to connect to the stream, but maybe I'm comepletely wrong.

2. Find a way to get the RTSP-URI from the M3U-File into the online sources-entries list in a programmatic way because creating entries for each URI is really a pain.
Are there any approaches to accomplish this or maybe to include the M3U-playlist containing the RTSP-URI directly to Serviio?

I tried to find something useful for both challenges in the forum, but with no success.

I hope you can help me or give me a hint into the right direction.

Kind regards
Nicke