FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 2.1 not indexing all audio files

<<

devadude

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:11 am

Serviio 2.1 not indexing all audio files

I am running Serviio 2.1 on Win 10.

It does not appear to be indexing some audio files. All files are .mp3, organised ~/music/artist/album/track.mp3... I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but Serviio repeatedly will not index certain files.

I have tried both TV and VLC on Samsung phones as clients; same results.

Can anyone suggest any possible solutions?
Many thanks in anticipation.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Re: Serviio 2.1 not indexing all audio files

Anything different about the file names of the ones that aren't listed vs. the ones that are?

Also check the contents of the files and see if there's any difference in the codecs within the containers. See the link in my sig line for more info about identifying the contents of your media.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

devadude

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Firstly, pls accept my apologies. What I ought to have said this morning is that Serviio is skipping entire folders at the "album" level, rather than individual files. I can't see any folders skipped at the "artist" level, but this is harder to spot since Serviio and Windows sort slightly differently (ignored "The", etc.)..

So, following your reply, I have downloaded and installed Serviio from the download page; hopefully this gets me the latest FFmpeg.exe, etc.
I've installed Upnp tools and browsed the Serviio container and confirmed that the skipped folder is not listed by AVMC.

Any further ideas gratefully accepted.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:12 pm

It's possible your Serviio log might offer some idea why those folders are ignored. You can find it in the Serviio install folder. On Windows, that's C:\Program Files\Serviio\Log. It's a simple text file, and you can attach it here so someone can look it over.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

devadude

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:56 am

Please find log file as requested.

There appears to be a lot of activity with playlist items - which is a surprise as I didn't think I had any playlists!

Many thanks.
Attachments
serviio.log
(414.71 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm

In the DEBUG log I have a feeling the playlist entries don't refer to actual playlists, but some other background function that I'm not aware of.

I do see this often: "cannot be resolved to an entity in the Serviio library, will try again later". From what I can see, I'm making a guess that Serviio might be having issues with the characters with accents on letters. I can only find one place in the Serviio console that a language setting might be required. Under the metadata tab is a box with this label: "Some metadata extractors enable retrieving metadata in a certain language. Select the preferred language". Mine of course is set to English, but perhaps yours needs to be set to Spanish (Español). Perhaps that will allow processing these names accurately.
Dan

<<

devadude

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:04 pm

[I do see this often: "cannot be resolved to an entity in the Serviio library, will try again later". From what I can see, I'm making a guess that Serviio might be having issues with the characters with accents on letters. ]

Thanks for the response. I can see why you suggest that language might need to be set to Spanish to cope with the Spanish course, which to be honest falls into the "would benefit from a good tidy out" category... but the locale is entirely British English and the simplest example of a missing folder contains only A-z and spaces (not leading or trailing) ...
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Yeah, that's about all I can see in that log segment. Perhaps the developer will see this post and be able to see something that I'm not spotting.
Dan

<<

devadude

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:49 pm

atc98092 wrote:Yeah, that's about all I can see in that log segment. Perhaps the developer will see this post and be able to see something that I'm not spotting.

Thanks for your help, Dan. Much appreciated.
<<

mechanus

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:11 pm

I have exact issue with small differences...
files are wav
in that folder it did have issue with only few of them (i.e. same folder, but one wav is detected, other is not)
renaming the core file name does not help
changing file extension name helps... I changed it to mp3 and now its detected...
I recently reinstalled the Serviio and with older version there was no issue as such - same folder, nothing changed and it was dected without issue
Tried to clear all possible remains of old servio instalation, but nothing helps... same issue on and on
<<

devadude

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 am

Has anyone got any ideas about this?
<<

Aldrich

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:55 am

Try to completely convert files to one format so that the program can display all files simultaneously. This was the case for me when I used samples in different formats and tried to put them together in one program. You can try using the service x2convert.mymp3.red to fix the situation; I often use this converter too. I don't see any other reason you have an error, and maybe I just don't have the qualifications to understand it. If my comment still helps you, I will be very glad

Return to Serviio Support & Help