FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem to see alla files

<<

Firoj

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:34 am

Problem to see alla files

HELLO, I have a problem with the new version 10.01, from all my TVs I can no longer see the contents of the shared folders. I have 3 Samsung TVs and one LG. With the Samsung TV I see only an empty folder, with LG from unknown error. Can you help me? https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Re: Problem to see alla files

First, Serviio doesn't have a version number that high. The current version is 2.1. I'm wondering if you have version 1.10?

What model of Samsung and LG TVs do you have? I've used Serviio with several Samsung sets over the years with no issues, and currently have an LG that also sees Serviio without a problem.

That said, I have never had much long term success using a Smart TV to stream my media. Samsung has a lousy user interface that doesn't offer anything other than the cover image and title. No other metadata at all. The LG isn't much better. Both TVs only have a Fast Ethernet connection, so can't play my 4K movie rips because the network is too slow. They don't support lossless audio, and has little support for captions. I gave up using the TVs themselves years ago and instead use an external player. This could be a Blu Ray player that supports DLNA, or a streaming media player. For the latter, there's Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, or the Nvidia Shield. In addition, there's gobs of inexpensive Android players available online. My preference is the Shield, as it plays everything without transcoding, supports virtually all captions and lossless audio, and has a Gigabit Ethernet connection. Apple TV also has Gigabit, and both Roku and Fire TV are inexpensive and easy to use.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help