FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Reverse proxy to the console

<<

Jamuna

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:21 am

Reverse proxy to the console

Hello

I am trying to reverse-proxy the Serviio console (in Caddy).

Proxying to 'ip:port' and going to 'serviio.proxy/console' works fine.
Proxying to 'ip:port/console/' appends another console to make it 'serviio.proxy/console' and returns empty XML https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/.
Proxying to 'ip:port' and adding 'redirect / /console/' get stuck in an endless loop of appending 1console' to make 'serviio.proxy/console/console/console/console/console...'

Any thoughts?
<<

cmakula

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 am

Re: Reverse proxy to the console

I use IIS/URLRewrite as a reverse proxy for certificate authority, so I know that it works. It has to be an issue with your config of Caddy. I know URLRewrite has this issue if the web.config attached to it does not parse the destination URL correctly.
:ugeek:
Serviio Server - Dell PowerEdge R420, Dual Xeon E5-2420, 4x120 GB SSD RAID 0, 64 GB RAM (Serviio running from RAMdisk), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to NAS, Ubuntu 22.04.1 Minimal
NFS File Server - Synology DS1517+, 20TB disk space (5x4TB), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to Serviio Server
<<

beatsclo

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:43 pm

The Caddy problem with reverse proxy has often occurred to me before. But I thought it was the virtual machine I created.
<<

consejosatisfy

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:50 pm

I had a similar error when I used a reverse proxy server. But it was because I accidentally used different servers on the main device and on the virtual machine. To avoid such a forwarding problem, make sure that the main console is connected. Although everything in Caddy can be perceived as a single server automatically, this doesn't always happen. By the way, the first commentator is right about web.config, which can break your entire proxy transition. My current proxy list works fine, but I stopped using Caddy altogether. Serviio has more convenient pieces.

Return to Serviio Support & Help