FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not Visible

<<

scottmontes1

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Serviio not Visible

I have connected the TV to the router with a lan-cable, but the TV doesn't see Serviio nor does Serviio see the TV. What is going on in your case? Setting the bound IP address to the address of the server on the PC doesn't help...
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:12 pm

Re: Serviio not Visible

Scott, I moved your post into a new thread. Where you posted before was a different topic.

Serviio uses what is called uPnP to advertise itself on your network. Depending on your network configurations, these broadcasts might not be permitted. If your Serviio computer is connected wirelessly, it's even more likely. So, I have some questions about your network.

How is your Serviio computer connected to the network? You have said the TV is connected with an Ethernet cable, but what about the computer? What brand of router do you have? Does the computer have any sort of anti-virus, firewall, or VPN installed? Serviio can normally configure any firewall to permit access, but on occasion you must do it manually. Does your Serviio computer have more than one network adapter (for example one or more wired connections and a wireless adapter)?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help