FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fetch TV not accepting transcoded content

<<

mavack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:55 am

Fetch TV not accepting transcoded content

So there is very little on the forums about the Fetch TV with Serviio so not sure how much success others have had. My most immediate issue is the lack of DTS support of any kind, i just want to be able to play the kids movies without turning the amp on and off for the kid that wants to watch 5 mins :)

backstory over.

I have created profile
  Code:
        <Profile id="150" name="FetchTV" extendsProfileId="1">
                <Transcoding>
                        <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
                                <Matches container="*" aCodec="dca" />
                                <Matches container="*" aCodec="dts-hd" />
                                <Matches container="*" aCodec="truehd" />
                        </Video>
                </Transcoding>
        </Profile>

Nothing special and I took it from one that someone was using for something else similar. Using the generic DLNA profile I get video but no audio, as soon as i turn on the FetchTV profile above, (or any other profile that transcodes for that matter) it fails to play. Files that do not need to transcode continue to play fine so it shows that it is matching the correct content.

I have tested serviio with another device and transcoding works, and when i enable debug logs it appears as thou Fetch doesn't even request the transcoded file, FetchTV returns playback failed but no log entry for it even attempting to play, so its like its not even sending the request.

From the fetchTV screen on non-transcode content it displays the file type under the media details for the file type ie File Details: video/mp4 (AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720_AAC) on a file that needs transcoded it is blank as thou it doesn't know what its meant to be playing. And when clicked does nothing other than says failed, and serviio does nothing.

So is there something i am missing that allows serviio to present the file content? I know its created on demand and probably a poor way fetchtv has implimented their DLNA client.

Supported formats for FetchTV (i know from previous threads you don't have access and didn't know what it did support for profile creation)
https://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/Fetch_TV ... _-_USB.pdf
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:51 am

Re: Fetch TV not accepting transcoded content

From the data provided, I can't explain why it's not working. Your player says it supports AC3 audio, and that appears accurate since other non-transcoded files work. I don't know if a detailed log would be of assistance, but it might. Perhaps it's kicking back an error that only a detailed log would show. If you decide to try that, please tell us the exact name of the file that you are trying to play, along with the log. That saves time trying to find the transcoding effort amongst the 10s of thousands of lines in the log. :D

From the supported media list in the document you linked, you might also try a different target audio codec. Perhaps there's something that occurs during transcoding that your player doesn't like. Instead of AC3, you might try AAC, LPCM, MP2 or MP3. You might lose 5.1 audio (only get stereo), but at least they'd be playable.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

mavack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:25 am

Nice lon debug log.

192.168.75.161 - Sony BDP player
192.168.75.216 - FetchTV
192.168.75.158 - Serviio

Playing Moana on Song BDP you can see the menu requests, get the cover image, and then the playback transcode log entries
2021-06-07 12:04:03,972 DEBUG - delievery starts here i believe

Straight after i attempt to place Moana on FetchTV, can see the menu requests, see it get the cover image for Moana but no playback request. I then try Cars, repeats the same, when i finally play cars 2 that is delivered natively with no issues.
2021-06-07 12:05:03,457 DEBUG request for cover image of moana which it gets, but there is no playback request after it. Shortly after you see a menu browse request again.

It looks like to me that Fetch never actually requests the video, and just throws a failed message on the screen. Like the summary it has is insufficent?

serviio.log.txt
(259.67 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Well, I found one difference between the BD player and the Fetch TV player. The "Found Format profile for transcoded file" differs between the two. The BD profile identifies the file as "AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO", while Fletch IDs it as "AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO". So it's not assigning the right identity to the file. Notice it thinks it's a Dolby Digital (AC3) file instead of DTS.

The first change I'd try is instead of extending the profile of the generic profile to your custom version, try instead extending the Sony profile, since that one is identifying the file correctly. Change extendsProfileId="1" to extendsProfileId="bdp2010". Then save the file and restart Serviio.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

mavack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:38 pm

atc98092 wrote:"AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO", while Fletch IDs it as "AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO"

Pretty sure thats the transcoded output file format, which is correct. The BDP profile doesn't support x264 so it is converting to mpegts and leaving audio untouched. FetchTV doesn't support DTS hence its being changed to AC3

2021-06-07 12:04:08,246 DEBUG [VideoDeliveryEngine] Found Format profile for transcoded file "Moana (2016).1080p.x264.6ch.DTS.mkv": AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO
2021-06-07 12:04:46,119 DEBUG [VideoDeliveryEngine] Found Format profile for transcoded file "Moana (2016).1080p.x264.6ch.DTS.mkv": AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO

The devices are not the same, they are different devices, its just to show that the serviio transcoding ability does exist, and the file outputs that occur when it does transcode. The fetchTV appears to just not register it.

I am going to transcode the file pre and shove it in the same folder and see if it can play mpeg ts with AC3 natively instead of via transcoding. Maybe the fetch doesn't like mpegts with AC3 even thou it says it supports it.
<<

mavack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:39 am

So here are 3 photos from FetchTV screen.

Generic-DLNA-Profile-DTS-AUDIO.jpg
Generic-DLNA-Profile-DTS-AUDIO.jpg (365.85 KiB) Viewed 2451 times

This is FetchTV with Generic DLNA profile, fetch reads the container, video and audio as AVC_MKV_HP_HD_DTS and serviio services it fine, video plays, but no audio. Understandable since no DTS support on fetch.

FetchTV-profile-original-file.jpg
FetchTV-profile-original-file.jpg (109.82 KiB) Viewed 2451 times

I change the FetchTV to my created profile, file still there but it no longer reads the container/video/audio and when i click it fails

pre-transcode-ac3.jpg
pre-transcode-ac3.jpg (186.74 KiB) Viewed 2451 times

I changed my PC to use the FetchTV profile, opened the video, serviio correctly transcoded i copied the transcode string and created moana.ts with ac3 audio
ffmpeg fflags +genpts -threads 0 -i Moana (2016).1080p.x264.6ch.DTS.mkv -y -threads 0 -c:v copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -c:a:0 ac3 -b:a:0 192k -ac:a:0 2 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts moana.ts

When i reference this file on fetchTV it reads it as AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO

This plays successfully with video and audio.

So there is something slightly different in the presentation of a file to stream and a transcode to stream from serviio. I don't know the DLNA standard, and i'm sure its probably the fetchTV doing it wrong. I might try and capture the actual HTTP/SOAP requests/replies
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Out of curiosity, would you try using the Roku TV profile? Use the 4K profile if your Fetch TV supports it, or the other one if not. It too has a captures line for DTS audio, and I'm simply curious if it will work. It uses the applehttp transcoding protocol, so you retain fast forward and rewind with it. Since the Fetch TV manual you linked shows support for MOV files, it should work. Perhaps the Roku profiles will identify the content correctly.
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help