FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Folder Structure in one Folder (movie,photo,music)

<<

DerPapa

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:05 pm

Folder Structure in one Folder (movie,photo,music)

Hello is it possible to put the folder structure for movies music and photos in a folder like minidlna? I have long used minidlna now I switch to serviio, it's really a great dlna server, thanks! I have read that the setting of the folder structure is stored in the sql, can I access it to change the setting e.g. that in the category film also photos and music is displayed?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Re: Folder Structure in one Folder (movie,photo,music)

I'm not certain exactly what file structure you are thinking of, but yes a Serviio shared library location can be designated for all types of media at the same time. So for example, your could have a hard drive you keep all your media on. Let's call it the G: drive (Windows specific, I know). Under G:, you create a folder called Media, and within that folder you create new folders for Music, Video and Photos. In the Serviio console, you would create a new Shared Library location as G:\Media, and on the settings panel you would check all three media types: video, music and photos.

Now on your media player's home screen, you'll see whatever fields you have enabled on the Serviio console Presentations tab. So you'll see for example Titles. However, you'll see Titles more than once, as that is a category for both Videos and Music. For Folders, you'll see one for each media type. And you won't see any difference in them until you enter them and view the content. Of course, under Folders you'll only see the G:/Media folder. But when you explore further you'll find any sub-folders.

If I didn't answer this clearly, let me know in more detail what you're attempting to do, and I'll do my best to assist.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DerPapa

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 am

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean when I select for example in your view video and music it is not possible when I want to display folders that I have for example in the folder archive videos and music that these files are displayed as the original folder structure in a folder. With serviio this is only possible in category or folder name.

Example linux nas
archive/test.mp3 /test.jpg

Serviiio shows 2x archive, which is normally one.
archive/test.mp3
archive/test.jpg

Or in category
Music/Archive/test.mp3
Photo/Archive/test.jpg

It would be nice to list the files in their original structure as I have created them - this is not possible at the moment. That's why I thought to rewrite the entry videos so that also photos and music is displayed, that if I activate under serviio only video folder also photos and music is displayed. I hope now it is understandable. Thanks a lot!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm

I would think the Folder presentation would do that for you. Myself, I don't have any media contained within the same file structure. I'll have to experiment on my test server and see if I can see the different media types under the Folder view.

Well, I see I am wrong. There's no Folder view that will display all three categories at once. While I could create a folder that has all three media types, you still have to select Audio, video or Images to get to the folder view, and only that content is displayed within that category.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

DerPapa

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Yes unfortunately it is not possible, so I would like to know if I can edit or recode this setting in sql? Only I do not know exactly where it is stored.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:58 pm

I doubt it's something within the database that could be altered. My guess is it's within the program coding itself. While Serviio is Java based, so the jar files can be opened and modified, there's no way to alter anything built as a Windows executable file.
Dan

<<

DerPapa

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:19 am

Thank you, i found something in serviio.tar /org/serviio/upnp/service/contendirectory/
I will Report if it works. ;)
<<

DerPapa

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:58 pm

I despair unfortunately and need help please.
I have now tried to adjust the video.class commands, with a class editor, unfortunately did not work. Now I have thought with the contentDirectoryDef.xml /org/serviio/upnp/service/contendirectory/difinition like e.g. producers to push the folders in an ID.

Original Serviiio;
  Code:
      <container title_key="producers" id="V_P" editable="true" containerClass="CONTAINER" cacheRegion="local_default">      
         <action command="org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.person.ListProducerInitialsCommand" idPrefix="INI" containerClass="CONTAINER" cacheRegion="local_default">            
            <action command="org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.person.ListProducersForInitialCommand" idPrefix="P" containerClass="PERSON" cacheRegion="local_default">
               <action command="org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.video.ListVideosForProducerCommand" idPrefix="V" itemClass="VIDEO_ITEM" cacheRegion="local_default" />
            </action>
         </action>

my test does not work only video is displayed what can this be?;

Code:

<container title_key="folders" id="V_F" editable="true" containerClass="CONTAINER" cacheRegion="local_default">   
         <action command="org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.video.ListVideoFoldersByNameCommand" idPrefix="FOL" recursive="true" containerClass="STORAGE_FOLDER" itemClass="VIDEO_ITEM" cacheRegion="local_default" searchCategory="FOLDERS FILES">            
         <action command="org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.audio.ListAudioFoldersByNameCommand" idPrefix="FQL" recursive="true" containerClass="STORAGE_FOLDER" itemClass="MUSIC_TRACK" cacheRegion="local_default" searchCategory="FOLDERS FILES" />            
                     </action>
      </container>

Return to Serviio Support & Help