FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Songs/Music not showing up in MediaBrowser

<<

NewFence92

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:05 am

Songs/Music not showing up in MediaBrowser

Hi,

None of the mp3s are showing up in Media Browser when using Album Artist however they do show up when using folder view and the Artist/Album are listed just not the songs themselves.

The entire collection was seen and served by a previous installation of Serviio on a different server. I migrated the mp3 to a new storage server and installed Serviio. The files are seen by Serviio and show up in folder view. Artist and albums also show up in Artist Album searchs along with the proper album art just no actual individual songs. I have it showing Images just fine too.

I checked the logs and what I find reads:

Message: org.jaudiotagger.audio.exceptions.InvalidAudioFrameException: No audio header found within SONGFILE.mp3

Which is strange b/c Windows can read the meta data fine. As did the last installation of Serviio. As well as it seems to be readying artist and album data ok (that data isn't coming from folders b/c it shows album names I know are metadata only). I can't imagine when I copied them I managed to damage every single file but only in certain metadata header either. I'm at a loss on what to look at next or how to troubleshoot.

EDIT: Not files, artist, or albums show up on Windows Media Player while testing DLNA.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:59 am

Re: Songs/Music not showing up in MediaBrowser

Have you granted your user account access to that specific shared library folder in the Serviio console? User accounts were added to Serviio starting with 2.0, and using MediaBrowser or Serviigo you must specifically grant a user access to each shared library location.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

NewFence92

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:12 am

atc98092 wrote:Have you granted your user account access to that specific shared library folder in the Serviio console? User accounts were added to Serviio starting with 2.0, and using MediaBrowser or Serviigo you must specifically grant a user access to each shared library location.

Welp that was it. I swore I toggled that before and it allowed me access on the folder side but not the id3 side. And I swore I toggle and tested it last night but alas I did not.

Thank you.
<<

gwenoredonchez64

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:06 am

I have the same problem, and I don't understand what's the matter and how I can solve it; I'm already tired. I need to solve this problem as soon as possible because my job is to create music, and for me, this problem means losing money. I also create music as an independent artist, and it is also very important to me that my computer and browser work properly, as this is what improves my mood, and this is what I want to do daily. I even use advertising from the artist pr service to promote me on the Internet. I hope that someone will help us with this problem. Otherwise, I don't even know what to do next.
Last edited by gwenoredonchez64 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:33 pm

gwenoredonchez64 wrote:I have the same problem, I don't understand what's the matter and how do I solve it, I'm already tired

First, let's make sure you are having the same issue. You have content that isn't appearing within MediaBrowser? Can you see the same content when using some other device to view your content (some other DLNA capable player)?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help