FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

artists and track info in live streams

<<

Luuser

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:50 am

artists and track info in live streams

Hi all,

I’m using Serviio to stream JazzRadio channels which I defined as a live stream under online source in the library section.

But when I stream to my Yamaha AV receiver, only the title of the channel I entered in the display name field will be shown on the receiver display panel. Is there a way to display artists and track info as well?

When I stream the same URL, for example, in VLC player, this info is available for the current song.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Re: artists and track info in live streams

I can't say for certain, but that's probably up to the Yamaha. Since the metadata is displayed in VLC, the data is included in the stream. I don't think Serviio is altering the stream, so it might simply be a limitation of the AVR. While I have Yamaha AVRs, I've never streamed any audio using the DLNA interface, so don't know what they might support.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Luuser

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:07 am

I agree that I also do not think that Serviio is altering the stream itself. But when I stream the same Jazzradio channel from Serviio to VLC instead of Yamaha AVR, I can see the same behavior there too. Only the title I entered in the display name field of the online source definition will be shown.

For me, it looks like Serviio will just 'pass' the static title info instead of the dynamic metadata containing artists and track info.

Maybe this behavior could be customized with a plugin that extract and pass artists and track info dynamic to the devices?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:08 am

If the info is still lacking in VLC when streaming through Serviio, then you are correct that something isn't passing fully. It's certainly possible that some sort of plug-in might be necessary to parse the complete stream and provide the metadata. Unfortunately, I know nothing about designing plug-ins, and very little about online streaming codecs. I can't help in that area.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help