FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Media browser not plays audio files

<<

Limon

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:45 pm

Media browser not plays audio files

Hello,

First must say that im Serviio pro user and im very pleased. From the beginning all works great and never had any problems.
From last days i found that audio files...mp3, flac,...can't be listened via Media browser on Apple and Android devices. When i choose audio file it loads...but that's all...nothing happen.

I tested on next devices:
Macbook Pro 2012 with High Siera
Macbook Pro 2012 with Sierra
iPhone 8Plus(ios11)
iPhone 6S (ios10)
iPhone 4s (ios9.3)
iPad pro 9.7(ios10.2, jailbroken)
iPad Air(ios11)
Huawei P9(android phone)

Must expose 4 things:

1. Before all works on every decices
2. iPad pro 9.7(ios10.2, jailbroken) plays some FLAC files
3. On windows computers all works normally...playing all audio/video files
4. All video formats works on all devices...no problems at all.

Serviio is installed on Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1703

Any information or suggestion will help...beside suggesting to try new windows installation. I will go with this if there will be no other option/solution/suggedtion.

Thank you in advance,

Limon.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:13 pm

Re: Media browser not plays audio files

Limon wrote:Hello,
From last days i found that audio files...mp3, flac,...can't be listened via Media browser on Apple and Android devices. When i choose audio file it loads...but that's all...nothing happen.

1. I tried it on a Lenovo Android tablet and it successfully played:
- flac from my Serviio server
- mp3 from my Serviio server (one of my few mp3 test tracks)
- mp3 radio station (Naim Radio) using Serviio Online Sources
- aac radio station (Radio Caroline) using Serviio Online Sources.

2. My Serviio server also runs on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. Serviio is version 2.1 Pro.

3. All the above also OK on an Apple Iphone5 using Safari (never tried that before).

4. Tried it on my wife's old Apple Ipad - all played OK on Safari except aac which was scrambled sound (it was OK on the Iphone !).
Also navigation became an issue on the Ipad but that is different issue.

5. Everything fine on my Amazon Fire HDX tablet (android-ish) too.

6. Everything was fine running on a different Windows PC
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

Bablosik

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:24 am

Re: Media browser not plays audio files

Only once have I encountered a similar problem when my audio files would not play. As I found out later, it was due to the wrong bitrate. That was my mistake. I work with files in different formats, and I have to convert them all the time. That might be the reason for the error. I keep changing sites and applications to convert files because I am still looking for the best one. The most recent one I have tried is https://convertr.org/wav-to-mp3. I needed to convert WAV to MP3, and the site did well. It would be interesting to know if anyone does something like this?

Return to Serviio Support & Help