FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FIles not showing in Media Browser

<<

colinmb

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:30 pm

FIles not showing in Media Browser

Hi all. Need some help here. Been using MediaMonkey till now but fed up with it - looking for an alternative so thought I'd check this out. I've installed it and loaded my music files to the library but I can't see them to play them. The strange thing is that, in the Media Browser, I can see the folders and the album art, but not the music files. It doesn't seem to have pulled them into the library for some reason. They are mostly .flac, but there are some mp3s also. In my Library settings I have Audio and Image checked. Ignored Folders and Ignored Extensions are both blank. Library refresh is checked and I did a manual refresh too. In most cases the music files are several levels of menu down from the FOlder named in the Shared Folders list, but just in case it wasn't drilling down to them, I put one music file at the top level.
<<

priitv8

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 am

Re: FIles not showing in Media Browser

Try, if the advice given me will help you as well:
viewtopic.php?p=134775#p134775
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:10 pm

Re: FIles not showing in Media Browser

Yes, check your user access rights to the media folders. This is done in the Serviio console (it has nothing to do with operating system file permissions). MediaBrowser requires granting each user access to whatever library locations are desired. Come back and ask more questions if the other link doesn't provide enough information for you.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help