FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

After instaling Serviio router broken - macOS

<<

rendyorton

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:13 am

After instaling Serviio router broken - macOS

Hi all,

I installed Serviio and tested it, and sadly clicked on the checkbox to open up ports for remote access on the router... I have had limited or no access to my wireless since then...

All other devices on the network remained working tho. I could not find a single thing that could be causing this, except for that one option I applied.

I have since downgraded to WPA-PSK/AES on my WiFi, but I would be keen to understand what on earth happened?

Will switching the router back to WPA2 make it work again?

This is just a PSA for those on macOS WiFi... be warned.

PS. Once it had checked metadata for 4 or 5 files, it completely stopped working (not sure if crashed, or networking down??)

PPS. I'm returning to Plex Media Server, even tho it is a buggy mess, and drops off the network at will...
Omegla chatiw
Last edited by rendyorton on Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:08 am

Re: After installing Serviio router broken - macOS

The only experience I have with Apple devices are my phone and tablet. They all work fine on my home network, which has two Serviio servers running on it. I'm using WPA2 without an issue. I know I've clicked that box on my Serviio console at least once recently, as I could not get port forwarding to work at all on my Comcast gateway modem. I finally gave up (after some additional problems appeared) and put it in Bridge mode and added a Linksys router has my home gateway.

Are you saying the MacOS is used by your WiFi? Is that the AirPort? Again, I have no experience with that OS, but I do know there are many Mac users with Serviio running on their network without an issue. I have Serviio running at my daughter's home, and both she and my son-in-law use Mac laptops without any issues.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help