Post Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:16 pm

Duplicate folders

Strange problem -- I've seen it before, but it's turned up again and I've used a little time to try to find a solution. (or a logical explanation)

I have a strict folder-based setup for audio -- the data structure is in the file system (directories = albums, files = tracks). All options using metadata are turned off. On Linux.

All works perfectly except on occasion a new album/directory added in the file system results in two album level entries with identical names broadcast to client devices. The constiutent files are divided between the two entries (ie. no duplication at file/track level, but the tracks are split between two identical entries).

In the example I've tested today one broadcast album level entry contains one track (track 2 in the file system structure) and the other three (1, 3 and 4). The cover.jpg shows in both.

I've tried: moving the file-system directory in and out of the Serviio path (waiting for it to disappear on a client), changing the file-system directory name and changing the file-system file names. Nothing works -- when the directory is back in the Serviio path it consistently shows on a client as two folders with track two in its own folder. The tags are 100% correct (track title and number changing between tracks, otherwise identical album info.).

I'm at a loss. The only possible explanation I can see is that Serviio got it wrong the first time and is retaining and reapplying information even though the directory is removed and then moved back (with different file/folder anems!). Is rebuilding the database the only option?