FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

how to list all media file paths

<<

litljohnny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:07 am

how to list all media file paths

Hi,
I use the free version and it is very fine although I'd love to have a search function. Be it at the console PC or at the rendering TV, there is no way to search for a file (I guess the paid version should have it).

Also, is there a way to list all indexed media files' path names on the PC ?

I found no way to do it in the XP version of the console. All we have is the shared folders. All the files information are surely in the data base but how get them ?

I used to use "Simple DLNA" on my Android TV Box and I could get all indexed media files in a local http address (just like the Serviio console but without any function). It'd be cool if Serviio could do the same... And it'd answer my first question because I could then search on my navigator. When the library gets big, search function is a must.

thanks
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:59 am

Re: how to list all media file paths

Any search function is based on the player, not Serviio. Yes, with the paid version of Serviio you have access to the web based MediaBrowser, and it does have a search function. But if you want to search from a player, such as a smart TV or other device, that search functionality has to be built into that device.

I just tested two of my devices for search ability. I have Kodi on an Nvidia Shield, which uses Android TV. It has a search function, but it did not find the title I searched for that I know I have. However, I didn't type the complete title, so perhaps it's not capable of making a partial match. I also tried my LG TV. When I searched for the same title (I did type the complete title this time), it first found the title in Apple TV and Pluto TV, but about 10 seconds later it also found my copy on Serviio. So, Serviio does support searching through a player. But it's up to the player if it's successful.

For listing all of your media file paths, you could make a screen shot of the Serviio console on the Shared Library tab. It's not real clean to select the list and copy it, but that does work. Here's what mine looks like with a copy:

F:\Test Videos
F:\TV2
F:\Video3
G:\Movies
G:\Series_2
H:\Movies_E
I:\Media Media w/4K
E:\Movie1
E:\TV1

The I:\Media has the display name I gave it, while the rest just use their basic path as the display name, so nothing listed there. Note that it doesn't list any subfolders you might have under the root shared library location. Since Serviio doesn't offer a library view like Plex does, there's no way to display the full path to a specific media file.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help